The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Potus vs. Main Page

It was a hard trial with big hunts on several of the birds, but Obama picked them up.....headed home. Will pick this up tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Based on the last four series (years) he's not qualified this year.
    I'd concur w/ this judge. And OMG, I'm a woman.

What is lying about Libya equivalent to? Hard mouth? Eating the judges lunch? No, the judge reinforced the lie! I guess I would equate it to breaking on the honor after the watermarks.

Tom
    Tom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Back in the day RTFers pretty much self moderated because the members would call out a dumbass and either the dumbass shaped up or left. Then something happened, "some" blame it on RTF bringing in sponsors, others blame having different "mods". Maybe it's just that there are so many more people frequenting the site that the intimacy is gone and the self moderating ability with it. I don't know but I do know it's much different than it was and not near as much fun.
    Ya havent run this DUMBARSE off!!

I think its to bad, that a guy like Glen gets into an unfortunate debate about what he believed was the cause of the death of his dog,,, and the opposition didnt just back off,, and let the pissin match subside..

The death of a dog is a very sensitive subject to most of us here. We have all experienced it. Even when natural cause its still hard..
    Glenns situation was much different than that.
    I think as a Mature adult,,you need to respect that..
    I will miss Glen...

As always:

Dumbass regards.

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

I wont debate in Potus.

I wont debate what a persons personal beliefs are. Their core. its just not my place.

I dont want to listen to someone else debate mine.

My Politics,
    my religion,
    my family
    Are MINE.

I dont give a FLIP what you think..
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Ya havent run this DUMBARSE off!!

I think its to bad, that a guy like Glen gets into an unfortunate debate about what he believed was the cause of the death of his dog,,, and the opposition didnt just back off,, and let the pissin match subside..

The death of a dog is a very sensitive subject to most of us here. We have all experienced it. Even when natural cause its still hard..
    Glenns situation was much different than that.
    I think as a Mature adult,,you need to respect that..
    I will miss Glen...

As always:

Dumbass regards.

Gooser
    Speaking of "Mature Adults"... Generally when Chris has to speak with one of us about our conduct on the forum, most of us are "mature" enough to catch his drift... Take a deep breath, realize its just a computer screen and cool down. Evidently Glen was not "mature" enough to do that and chose to take his ball and go home... No one's fault there but his own.
    Bill Davis

Chris does a fine job policing this forum and doesn't get near the credit he deserves. I am behind whatever decision he makes as it is HIS forum and we are all guests here. Having said that, I tend to agree with Gooser. I am out of the loop here since I don't stop by very often any more. I did go back and read the entire thread and I feel like Happy continued to push the subject instead of letting it go. It was obvious Glen was emotional in his posts and that should have been enough for Happy to let it go. I don't agree with the threats, name calling, or "taking my ball and going home," but I don't think it would have ever gotten to that point if Happy would have dropped it. For the record, I don't know Happy or Glen personally. What is done is done and to quote Angie again, "they come and they go."
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell.

I think technically what happens when someone leaves is they fling the ball down stomp off and the ball stays here. Then the rest of us just pick it up and keep playing and no I don't give a rats ass about who was right or wrong. BTW it is Chris's ball.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

I think Russ nailed it when he said it's just gotten too big. With this many people there are going to be the fruitloops that threaten to sue Chris over some perceived slight, along with the internet heros who post under the guise of asking for advice or help who really just want to brag about their dog and training methods. At least here at POTUS I don't think anyone really believes they'll change anyone else's mind on candidates or philosophy (liberal, progressive, conservative or libertarian) but they are quick to respond with facts to dispute another's claim, and generally no one's feelings get hurt and no one goes tattling or shrieking the rallying cry of poor white trash ("I'll SUE you!") on this site.

And I have no problems with how Chris (along w/FOM and Vickie T.) moderates. I hate that they have to, but the community is now too big for self policing to work.
    Last edited by Julie R.; 10-17-2012 at 01:22 PM.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Concerning your initial post, Ken, I'm in the same ballpark as Marvin. Most of the threads on the main page are being answered by others that don't need my views on the subject. I've argued my views on the various hunt test programs, and find I'm just beating a tack with a 25# mallet after a while. Every now and then, a "newbie" comes along with a unique situation, and after reading what the others have proffered for advice, but haven't hit upon what I would have mentioned, I might make a suggestion, but it's just another point of view.

While I would concur with the astute Chiropractor that the Forum has changed from when we began meeting around the tailgate, it's doubtful we can get that back...too many have passed on from that crowd, so the atmosphere has changed considerably. Agree with you Russ, that we never passed up the opportunity to jump on a thread that was just too amusing (ie "Seating a duck"), and regardless of how demeaning it may have gotten for some of the posters, there wasn't any animosity or accusations about getting rid of any particular poster. Certainly MG was the blunt of many a thread from us jokesters...but it wasn't made out to be mean spirited, although it was far from being 'Politically Correct'.

As to not seeing any threads or posts from Yardley, whom I personally enjoyed debating, I believe he was far too intelligent to continue along the Democrat path because it was way more baggage than he cared to excuse any longer. I have no doubt he has been a good Democrat willing to carry the water for the party, but, like me, discovered the party has left him...I just saw it happening during the Carter era. It's my suspicion also that he was no longer willing to be lumped in with the likes of Roger and those that were of that blind sheeple-like thinking. And while he wasn't finding much he might have agreed on with Bush (as many of us Bush supporters also found to be not to our liking), he couldn't side with all the "Bush Haters & Blamers". He espoused primary Democrat principles, from a bygone time.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.