The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: PRESIDENTIAL debate #2

Buzz, I think it's fair to say that not everyone who pays $0 in taxes is "on the dole". There can be working people who are in low-paying jobs that still end up in the no-tax-due position. However, even those who are working could be under the misimpression that all safety nets would be removed with a new administration ... that is the fear being planted by the Obama campaign.

OTOH, I think that there is plenty of waste/fraud in the welfare system, even the SSI system, that can be remedied. I can recall that not long ago a man was identified in Philadelphia collecting welfare under 7 different names! I have seen the system "gamed" first-hand. Until we find a means of detecting fraud (and/or waste) we will never quite know the extent of the problem.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

About Romney and women in high-level positions:
    Mitt Romney’s second-in-command when he was governor of Massachusetts and a coalition of women's groups rallied Wednesday behind the Republican presidential nominee in the face of a rapidly expanding Internet phenomenon poking fun at his "binders full of women."

The supporters said Romney, indeed, asked for and received binders with names of potential female candidates for high-level posts -- backing up his claim in Tuesday night's debate that as governor he had reached out to women's groups because he was dissatisfied with the mostly male applicants for jobs in his administration.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz29f20lAON
    The Massachusetts Government Appointments Project -- which began before Romney was elected in 2002 -- acknowledged the number of women in top positions increased under Romney.

According to a survey conducted by the University of New York in Albany at the time, the Romney administration had more women in senior leadership positions than any other state in America.
    It seems to have been forgotten that not long ago, a survey of women's compensation within the Obama staff found that women on his staff were paid less than men doing the same kinds of jobs. So, Obama could not point to a record of equal pay for women within his own administration as an answer to the debate question. Perhaps the administration believes the Lily Ledbetter law should not have to pertain to the WH? Selective law enforcement, as with immigration law?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Maybe obama should look at his pension Ronmney doesn't have one
    As president, he will receive $191,300 annually for life — win or lose in next month’s election — and receives a travel allotment as well as mailing privileges. Should Obama lose, his presidential pension kicks in immediately after leaving office.
    Given that the president enjoys a normal life span, the pension allotment would be worth upwards of $6 million.
    The federal budget spends about $3 million annually for the four living ex-presidents. Obama also will get Secret Service protection.
    In addition, Obama may be due a nice pension for the eight years he served in the Illinois
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )