Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: PRESIDENTIAL debate #2

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Franco,
    I hope I can articulate this thought.

WE should all be ashamed.
    We have sat idly by and let this happen.
    Our values, morals, ethics, integrity and standards have been dumbed down to the point it may not be salvagable.

"How are you different from Bush??"

Hey, I got one for ya....."How are you different than Carter?"

I fairness to Obama, how is he supposed to answer the question?

Again, disgraceful.....................

without a doubt the stupidest question in the whole debate season
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Win for Romney.

Anyone catch the part where Romney kept looking at ODrama calling him out and ODrama gave him the hand gesture pointing back towards the crowd. It was easily understood as

"Stop talking towards me b/c then the cameras aim towards me then I look stupid hearing you call me out and I look down"

Loved it!

Romney had to butt in a several times and STILL got out timed by 3+ minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    On vacation somewhere exotic eating lobsta w/ Michelle and the girls and the dog using Air Force 1 at tax payers' expense, why of course.
    Do you mean the $1.4 BILLION we spend on carting the Obama family all over the place for their vacations? It's amazing that by contrast, the Brits spend $57 million on the entire royal family.
    Last edited by Mike Boufford; 10-17-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    Mike Boufford

Home to:
    UH HRCH Blue Sky's Carolina Contessa (500 Point Club)
    HRCH Firestorm Black on the Inside

UH HRCH MarshQurls Thunderfoot Jake SH (660 lifetime points) 2/24/02 - 12/11/08

"The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves." George Washington 1776

Liberal moderators always give more time to the Pres last two have done it. Crowly issued a statement saying she made a mistake with the terror attack comment wonder when that will go public I guess on her Sunday show and Romney can use it next monday obama will eat cheese on that one. Romney laid out a plan last night the one focus group showed almost all changing from bo to Romney they said they heard what they needed. Obama cant say anything because he has a failed past if you destroyed us in 4 yrs, how will you fix us in 4 if you can do all the wonderful things where have you been? its OVER! Cant run from his record.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Talking over a moderater shows lack of discipline. Both candidates proved its something they lack.. Romney more than O, It reminded me of those Fb players who continually get called for personal fowls. They just can't control themselves. Both candidates lacked substance. None of them could answer the last question without getting off topic. ,,actually they had problems directly answering questions in general. But that is to be expected. The next 4 years will be business as usual no matter which one wins

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Talking over a moderater shows lack of discipline. Both candidates proved its something they lack.. Romney more than O, It reminded me of those Fb players who continually get called for personal fowls. They just can't control themselves. Both candidates lacked substance. None of them could answer the last question without getting off topic. ,,actually they had problems directly answering questions in general. But that is to be expected. The next 4 years will be business as usual no matter which one wins
    If I understand you correctly, from what you have seen, Obama and Romney are the same and either man will yield the same results?

Is this correct??

REALLY???
    Stan b & Elvis

I've been sort of lukewarm about Romney but liked him better after the first debate. He'll get my vote as the lesser of the two evils candidates, but I liked him less in the second debate, he sounded almost as petulant as BHO. To his credit however, Romney clearly had to fight to finish his comments because of the blatant favoritism by that SORRY BIASED Candy Cakes woman!
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

I really didnt like this town hall format, reminds me when my male dog meets another male all the hair goes up on his back he stands over him walks around in a circle, I found it creepy. I would like to hear them talk about the issues instead of a question being asked and neither one answers it. I would really like to see them read a question and answer it with a loud whistle blowing when their time is up to cut them off, NO moderator! with obama it will be business as usual with Romney as President it will be a new beginning!
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Unfortunately, I think it was a draw. One of the post debate polls put it that way, too. 30% Romney, 37% Obama, 33% draw.

Romney had some very good moments, but Obama's bombast makes him come off better than he is. Annoying that neither fella really answered the questions asked. The questions were quite specific.

Romney made a good point in that Obama's "saving" GM involved taking it to bankruptcy ... there was no getting around the bankruptcy. The question is whether it could have been done just as effectively without govt involvement.

Think more should be made of the fact that ALL prices for food, etc. are really related to the cost of energy. Also, core fact, no Pres creates jobs or changes the economy BUT their POLICIES absolutely DO either encourage the confidence that causes growth to occur; or causes capital to remain idle.

Why does nobody mention that one of the reasons we are using less oil is because the economy is constricted? At $4/gallon, people conserve by driving less. Job loss closes down offices and factories, so less oil is needed for the vacant space. More people are heating with wood instead of using oil-dependent home heating. Conservation is a good thing, but that does not mean that we have succeeded in the concept of becoming less dependent on foreign oil by developing our own energy resources. If the economy starts truly growing again, then we need our own energy resources that can support that growth. We haven't provided the environment for that.

Romney also needs to mention more often that the companies Bain Capital closed were companies that were already in trouble. That was their business: taking losers and attempting to turn them around. When that failed, they did the only thing that made sense, and closed them. That steel company got two more years of operation due to Bain. It would have closed sooner without Bain.

I'd like to hear Romney's explanation about the Chinese tire thing. There ARE sometimes reasons why individual situations, taken out of context, do not reflect overall guiding precepts.

I thought Romney scored points with asking certain questions of Obama. Obama never answered about how many energy permits he actually cut. He probably didn't know the exact number. Why, with all the questions, did nobody ask the important one: So what are you going to do differently in the next four years, Mr Obama? Romney brushed that, but never really posed the question clearly ... would have been useful even if asked rhetorically.

Did you see the look on Romney's face when Obama said he called the Benghazi attack an act of terror in the Rose Garden? I think Romney was totally stunned by that. An outright lie in front of millions of people who have read anything at all about that whole issue. Then the moderator supporting the lie ... and she walked back on it just minutes after the debate finished. Glad it came at the end, so people could remember it more clearly.

Romney had some good rebuttals ... however, Obama just kept on with the same talking points. In truth, I think Obama lost on substance, but I can understand that many would rate the debate on emotional reaction, and Obama did come off more "commanding" this time. To Romney's credit, he never gave up. Romney's closing statement could have been better.

I got a kick out of Obama explaining his actions immediately following Benghazi. Can you imagine the earful that he gave Hillary after he got the news on the attack?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Have you been away for the past 3.5 years?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth