The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: PRESIDENTIAL debate #2

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I suppose you have heard the phrase, "the fog of war?"
    The only fog which exists is between Obama's ears. Had he actually sat in on his staff meetings, perhaps he would have had some clue as to what is going on in the world. Oh wait a minute, he was too busy vacationing, golfing or campaigning to bother which such trivial matters clearly below an intellect of his capabilities.
    Mike Boufford

Home to:
    UH HRCH Blue Sky's Carolina Contessa (500 Point Club)
    HRCH Firestorm Black on the Inside

UH HRCH MarshQurls Thunderfoot Jake SH (660 lifetime points) 2/24/02 - 12/11/08

"The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves." George Washington 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Back on September 28th, Crowley was saying that the Obama administration needed to explain why they didn’t call what happened in Libya a terrorist attack. The CNN transcript tells all:
    The question I think too is what you asked and Peter King wouldn’t play, but the idea is why would you be so adamant? When most people look and said, well of course it’s a terrorist attack. I mean, they had you know large weaponry. It’s not something you bring to a protest. And now we’re finding out there might not even have been a protest at the time this attack took place. So I think there are lots of questions to be answered here that the administration is going to have to talk about.
    http://www.humanevents.com/2012/10/1...ight-on-libya/

Then, why is Crowley backpeddling?

Franco,

Please explain how I was able to come up with articles from 9-12 with comments from the administration that this was a pre-planed attack, that it was not a spur of the moment thing if the administration did not in fact say that?

Enjoy your day. I have real work to do.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

All women should be happy today because Romney if elected will let them leave work early to go home and cook and clean.

More free trade with latin america should put the workers in OH, WI, MI and PENN at ease don't you think.

I feel better knowing that Romney if elected is going to make sure the Chinesse peg their currency higher, right.

I rest easier knowing that Romney differs from Bush being a small business man instead of a big business man like Bush.

I would turned out a lot better and been less violent in my youth if I had 2 parents living at home. Tell me Romney, how are you going to change that.

Oh yea, I should have asked daddy to pay for my college. That would have been hard since he is dead.

Is there a single person on this forum that does not have their head stuck up the GOP A>>

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    All women should be happy today because Romney if elected will let them leave work early to go home and cook and clean.

More free trade with latin america should put the workers in OH, WI, MI and PENN at ease don't you think.

I feel better knowing that Romney if elected is going to make sure the Chinesse peg their currency higher, right.

I rest easier knowing that Romney differs from Bush being a small business man instead of a big business man like Bush.

I would turned out a lot better and been less violent in my youth if I had 2 parents living at home. Tell me Romney, how are you going to change that.

Oh yea, I should have asked daddy to pay for my college. That would have been hard since he is dead.

Is there a single person on this forum that does not have their head stuck up the GOP A>>
    I don't know. There is you, and there is me... But I'm not really even a part timer on this forum...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Franco,

Please explain how I was able to come up with articles from 9-12 with comments from the administration that this was a pre-planed attack, that it was not a spur of the moment thing if the administration did not in fact say that?

Enjoy your day. I have real work to do.
    Buzz, all this does is confirm what I said in post #47!

The current administration is using symantics to cover their butt. All murder is an act of terror. And, there was speculation soon after that this might have been an act by Terrorist, but not from the administration. They were still claiming it was due to the youtube video!

Plus, I don't have a dog in this fight. I am voting Libertarian so, I can look at this with open eyes!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

The new jobs in America might be filled by those hired to fact check these guys energy claims. -Boone

I feel the only one with a real, tangible, RIGHT NOW effective energy plan is Mr. Romney. I do understand looking to the future, but we need change right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Romney just busted Obama on the retirement investments... Obama could not cut him off fast enough.
    anyone else find it odd that our president doesnt know the difference between a pension and retirement savings???

Anyone else in support of a candidate UFC cage match?? Put um' in the octagon! J Ventura
    absolutely!! No holds barred!!

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    What is sad is this ... the fact checkers will be out tomorrow, but the folks who watched the debate tonight won't be paying attention. I bet few of them now know (or will know) that Crowley did walk back her statement. I am wondering ... she is a TV journalist of many years. How could she NOT know that Obama did not say in the rose garden the next day that it was a terrorist attack.

As far as interrupting and "equal"time for the candidates... the time was not equal. Romney had 3+ minutes LESS time than Obama. Doesn't sound like much, but ... that's a lot of lost minutes because Crowley kept saying to Romney that she would come back to him, but she didn't. She let Obama's statements stand without Romney getting a chance for rebuttal and moved on to the next question.

Helen
    I missed the "real time" debate..but had it DVR'd. I was attending an OSU Master Cattleman's class. I say that to point out... I was in a room with probably 20 other rural living, majority self employed, "cattle" folks... all but myself and 1 other were men.. "manly men" .... The prof. asked if anyone was upset about missing the debate. I was astounded that every man in the room acted as though the debate were a waste of time. NONE and I mean N-O-N-E were concerned or even cared to listen. I suppose it is because they have already made up their minds... or perhaps it's because beef prices are soaring and it probably won't matter who is president. I say all this to point out.... the fact checkers may be out in force, but I think fewer than ever watched the debate and even fewer still will give a hoot about fact checkers.... at least that's the mood in this part of the country.

[QUOTE=menmon;1023232]All women should be happy today because Romney if elected will let them leave work early to go home and cook and clean

FACT CHECK: Women DO need flexible hours to handle kids, home, etc. It's a culture that needs changing and it takes leadership to change it. He led in Mass and made those changes in his own cabinet. LEAD BY WORKS.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

You might want to consider something he said about no tax on interest and dividends and no capital gains for the middle class.

How many middle class americans have interest and dividend income outside their 401Ks and IRAs? Looks like an upper class tax cut.

How much in capital gains do you guys have? Looks like an upper class tax cut

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    You might want to consider something he said about no tax on interest and dividends and no capital gains for the middle class.

How many middle class americans have interest and dividend income outside their 401Ks and IRAs? Looks like an upper class tax cut.

How much in capital gains do you guys have? Looks like an upper class tax cut
    Just because you and yours do not invest beyond what is available in tax deferred savings doesn't mean that others in the less than 250k bracket follow your lead. My 29 year old son is struggling to make it on his own as a businessman yet he still seems to be able to save via an investment plan of his own creation (I know, Obama did that for him).

Capital gains go beyond dividends. Sell some property sometime and see how the capital gain is taxed.

I am sure that you want to go back to the Clinton tax which is what happens when the Bush tax cuts are rescinded Do you receive tuition assistance as a benefit from your employer? If so, then expect to pay a tax on that. Obama's plan for estate taxes? 55% for those who managed to save and invest more than $1,000,000. My father in law worked for Bell as a line supervisor, hardly an upper class position, and turned his estate into a million dollar value which is sitting mostly in t-bills, and his residence (1,500 ft2 3 bedroom brick ranch). When his wife dies, Obama will take 55% of that money. Does that seem fair for someone who made no more than $50,000 per year in his lifetime yet was successful in his invetments?

Getting back to one of your previous posts, it appears that your head is stuck square in Mao's Little Red Book.

Worked my way through two degrees regards.....
    Mike Boufford

Home to:
    UH HRCH Blue Sky's Carolina Contessa (500 Point Club)
    HRCH Firestorm Black on the Inside

UH HRCH MarshQurls Thunderfoot Jake SH (660 lifetime points) 2/24/02 - 12/11/08

"The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves." George Washington 1776

Well, I just barely sneak into the middle class from the bottom and I have some stock outside a 401K etc that pays dividends and I do have a couple of garage apts that we rent to college students that might some day give me a capitol gain.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Boufford View Post
    Just because you and yours do not invest beyond what is available in tax deferred savings doesn't mean that others in the less than 250k bracket follow your lead. My 29 year old son is struggling to make it on his own as a businessman yet he still seems to be able to save via an investment plan of his own creation (I know, Obama did that for him).

Capital gains go beyond dividends. Sell some property sometime and see how the capital gain is taxed.

I am sure that you want to go back to the Clinton tax which is what happens when the Bush tax cuts are rescinded Do you receive tuition assistance as a benefit from your employer? If so, then expect to pay a tax on that. Obama's plan for estate taxes? 55% for those who managed to save and invest more than $1,000,000. My father in law worked for Bell as a line supervisor, hardly an upper class position, and turned his estate into a million dollar value which is sitting mostly in t-bills, and his residence (1,500 ft2 3 bedroom brick ranch). When his wife dies, Obama will take 55% of that money. Does that seem fair for someone who made no more than $50,000 per year in his lifetime yet was successful in his invetments?

Getting back to one of your previous posts, it appears that your head is stuck square in Mao's Little Red Book.

Worked my way through two degrees regards.....

Can you document that Obama wants 55% of estates over a million?

How will your father-in-law's estate of a million get taxed at 55% if the tax only applies to estates over a million?

I do not believe he is going to set the estate cutoff at a million, and I don't believe it will be 55%. But I will believe you if it show me...