RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

NFL Thread gdg

29K views 139 replies 27 participants last post by  huntinman 
#1 ·
This forum needs an NFL thread - like the SEC thread for the college folks :razz:.

TBS - how about Manning & the Bronco's - Gotta love it when SD gets beat, they can't seem to do anything right :cool:.

#3 · (Edited)
SEC thread? You mean the College Football thread where the dominent teams are from the SEC?;-)

I really enjoyed last night's game because I haven't seen Peyton Manning having that much fun in a long while! He was grinning from ear to ear in the second half. Broncos were down by 24 at the half and won the game by 10! When he hangs up his cleats for the last time, he will be the greatest QB ever to have played the game! And, how 'bout that Ragin Cajun Brandon Stokley? What a catch!

Falcons? Matty Noodle has to do better than 2 points in the playoffs! ESPN has them ranked #1 this week. Does anyone really think they could beat the Giants, Packers, Saints or 49ers?

#6 ·
Falcons? Matty Noodle has to do better than 2 points in the playoffs! ESPN has them ranked #1 this week. Does anyone really think they could beat the Giants, Packers, Saints or 49ers?
Don't know about the rest but they certainly can beat the Saints. Seriously, if the Panthers, Redskins and Chiefs can beat the Saints, pretty much anyone can.

#4 ·
Franco I don't know if they are the dominant conference, I do know that the best Football Defense in Louisiana is in Baton Rouge!!! If the Saints had their defense their record might be flipped!!
As for my Cowboys I guess to put them in dog terms......they can crush the test and then break on the honor!!!!! Romo has to be more consistent the O-line is improving, who knows by the end of the year they might be a wild card team.......looking forward to the Thanksgiving game though :)

No Dome Patrol in Big D Regards,

Aaron

#7 ·
Franco I don't know if they are the dominant conference, I do know that the best Football Defense in Louisiana is in Baton Rouge!!! If the Saints had their defense their record might be flipped!!
As for my Cowboys I guess to put them in dog terms......they can crush the test and then break on the honor!!!!! Romo has to be more consistent the O-line is improving, who knows by the end of the year they might be a wild card team.......looking forward to the Thanksgiving game though :)

Aaron
Four teams in the Top 8 including #1 and #2 is dominant im my book.

Looking forward to that Dec 23rd game at Jerry World. ;-)

#5 ·
I can't stand the Dirty Birds, and I can't stand to see them win by the skin of their teeth game after game after game.

Can't wait for it to catch up with them.

Manning got Hot last night and did what he does. Orchestrate!

Funny to watch the Center slap his hands away from him in an attempt to say GET BACK I'M SNAPPING THE BALL *PLAY CLOCK*! lol

It's on the NFL.com Denver Come back Highlight video.

#9 ·
I think the problem is with our coach not qb. The last minute da Boys looked like a 7th grade b team in clock management. How could Garrett only have one play called and have to settle for a career long field goal attempt with that much time left? An average offensive coordinator would be ashamed of that ending.

#10 ·
I can't disagree with you Tim. That time out they had left didn't do them a darn bit of good after the game was over.

I love dissin' the 'boys regards,

#12 ·
RGIII is the real deal at QB for the Skins.....Russell Wilson just keeps making the big play and winning football games....Peyton Manning's comeback last night is the stuff that legends are made of

and after his six TD performance Sunday Night....Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL

PS...Faith Hill still rocks on the intro to Sunday Night football...best looking legs on a Filly since Rachel Alexandra

#14 ·
Peyton Manning will take the MVP in the NFL.Denver will beat the Packers in Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans ,and Bon will owe me a case of Crown Royal .
Dave Hare

#15 ·
well if nothing else we will have a great time consuming a good portion of it....

have to publicly acknowledge that Dave took the time out of his busy schedule to get Dana's boys authentic Peyton Manning # 18 football jerseys in white, orange, and blue, they were the envy of all the kids at school...the boys teachers think that's all the clothes those boys own..Dana taped the game for the boys to watch this afternoon after homework/soccer practice...Good thing it ended the way it did

#19 ·
Anyone else find it amusing that John Gruden's name pops up with every Headcoaching vacany. In the last 30 hours on Sirius/XM's NFL Channel, his name has popped up as the next replacement for the; Eagles, Chargers, Cardinals, Chiefs and Raiders!

#20 ·
That is funny...when Gruden didnt take any of the HC positions available in CFB it was a signal to me that he is fine and happy where he is at..I dont see him going back to the NFL, he has already reached the pinnacle of that level....now taking a shot at winning a collegiate National Championship may have some appeal or coaching his son's in college might be a possibility, but his reputation has taken a larger than life personna, after all didnt he win in Tampa Bay with a team built by Tony Dungy

#23 ·
8 mil a year might be too much to walk a way from. Yes, he won in Tampa with Dungy's team beating his old team. Then had a losing season the next and got fired because the team went down hill evey season after. That's why I don't get it that he is so highly sought after. He is awesome on MNF but as a coach, I have my doubts.

#24 ·
8 mil a year might be too much to walk a way from. Yes, he won in Tampa with Dungy's team beating his old team. Then had a losing season the next and got fired because the team went down hill evey season after. That's why I don't get it that he is so highly sought after. He is awesome on MNF but as a coach, I have my doubts.

have to agree with you there...I think his schtick wears thin on the NFL millionaire, but I think that wide eyed collegians eat that stuff up, take a look at the successful CFB coaches, they are masters at firing up their overmatched squads, and they are tough to beat at recruiting time...have heard many a story of how Barry Switzer was a tough act to beat once he was in the living room of a prospect,same goes for Saban

#27 ·
I predict the Bearsssssss will have an opening for a HC next season.
As of next week they will have fallen out of contention for the Norris Division title, and likely out of playoff contention altogether.

"Lovie" ain't getting it done.:D

#29 ·
What about them there New England Patriots. Sorry my Texas friends but your Texans got dismantled last night.
I really thought the outcome would have been much closer.
Don't underestimate the coaching genius of Belechek.
He really likes those SEC players doesn't he!!
Sunday night footbal regards (Pats/49's)
Mike B

#34 ·
What happened to the Cowboys today, they were suppose to win big at home?

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer said earlier that Head Coach Jason Garrett was a done deal for next season because the Cowboys were playing so well.

#39 ·
Nope a Giant loss and a Cowboy win next week and the boys are in. Of course it isn't helping that the cowboys defensive players have to introduce themselves to each other in the huddle.

#45 ·
If the Falcons pick up a solid back, look out we will rule the South for years. As for the playoffs it will depend on protecting Matt if they give him time we can score with anyone. Really worries me with no running game, defense will just bring the heat. At least we made it in. How did the scabs help them? Strength of schedule is garbage this is the NFL. All depends on what team shows up.

#53 ·
I started the season stumpin on Manning.. I havent ever liked the guy... I think he's a whiney goober..

I have watch a few.... ok,,, Parts...... Ok Most every F'in minut of the games...

It'll prolly be a bit expensive to let himouta his overly paid contract now,,, So,,,,, I spose they should just not bench him fer the rest of the season,,, Like I have been hopin for...

Prolly should let him come back next year too!!

Is there still room on the bus???

Gooser

#55 ·
Andy Dalton has over 45 TD's in two seasons for a crappy Cleveland team..
:lol: :lol: Wonder what the people in Cincinnati will say about that. :p

#56 ·
Hey my bad its late....thats what i get for watching Sports Center Highlights while I type

#57 · (Edited)
With all this banter about those juggernauts, the Cowboys and Saints, is there any chance for the Packers???
Do you think the Packers might play the Cowboys or Saints in the playoffs?????:rolleyes:

I remember last time they went to Atlanta for a play off game.
That was fun!!!!!

Oh, and is Aaron Rodgers getting old????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.