The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Poster post numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Homburg View Post
    Thanks Susan, had a good chuckle reading the first few pages of that thread again!! Miss a lot of those folks on here, not near the entertainment, or for that fact knowledge Still good to see those names and folks around.

Miss the Petals Regards,

Aaron
    I know.... and ya know what Aaron? I still haven't titled a dog in Duck Seating.... maybe Dennis can help?
    I am not sure if they seat ducks the same way in Canada as in the U.S. though...

http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ight=seat+duck
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

I just read the Swishy thread for about the 1st 10 pages. Nowadays it would not have made 2.....
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

ah the good old days, fondly remember the love of jello....

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

I'm into irreverent humor (did Ise spell the right gooser) and a good old fashion fight, especially among the rftettes.

We need some more Icons/sticky's to let us know when a thread has gone fun- jello babe sticky, fat dog/skinny dog sticky, pointing lab sticky, cat fight sticky, booze sticky, hell when a thread just gets rediculously stupid we could give it a gooser stciky!
    Just for the record I have very fine dogs. Some of the best in the whole country....or at least on my own block anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    people with knowledge of training have stopped posting training advice because those who have taught Fido to poop in a specific spot will tell them they are wrong;

And, I never thought I'd say this, but thank goodness for Gooser!
    Gooser is a neat person - when I was active day training with one of the local pro's, a group of folks to tight to use his services would come by to scope the tests he used - when I asked him about that his comment - they can look at the test, will not have any idea of what it's meant to accomplish & probably change it so their dog will be able to do it so won't get the benefit of a training lesson - & he was so right.

It really boils down to - how does a person who wants a competitive dog at the FT AA level relate to someone who's satisfaction will come from making Bowser a JH?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    I miss the drama and battles Like Marvin and KG discussion about judging.
    Early on I withheld many comments because the database was not complete. Rest assured that would not be the case today & there would be a lot of hurt feelings. I still believe I am right about those who train dogs successfully with their physical presence are the best candidates for putting on a good trial. Saw that through 3 AA dogs & many more placing derby dogs over several decades in the sport. But many disagreed with that thought & after completion of the database I saw the reason why. It doesn't make a lot of sense to continue a project where 60% of the participants have little to none for credentials .

But POTUS is a lot of fun & there is a lot of knowledge collectively among the participants - well at least most of them!! I thank The Janitor for establishing that forum .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    I know.... and ya know what Aaron? I still haven't titled a dog in Duck Seating.... maybe Dennis can help?
    I am not sure if they seat ducks the same way in Canada as in the U.S. though...

http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ight=seat+duck

Aw, C'Mon Susan eh!

You ought to know that we don't have a title for Seating Ducks in Canada. Heck we don't even Seat them up here.

Instead, we shoot 'em when the time comes. I can help you there if you want!!

Yup had another good Greenhead shoot today!!

But if FOM wants to trade an elk hunt for a duck hunt give me a call. I'll give you 5:1 on that deal!!

Cheers

PS. Duck dinner: Dan DeVos Duck Breast Mallard, take Duck breast-Marinate in Soya, onion, pepper,garlic for 3 hours. Add can ginger ale to effervesce 1/2 hour. Pat dry, Wrap in bacon. BBQ hot the way you like your filet mignon because you won't be able to tell the diff. Side tonite? Fries, swiss chard, garlic bread, red wine

PPS. Overlap duck skin on duck with duck tape, put in freezer and save as training bird-Double Duty Duck. You`ll need about 60-70 of them!
    Dennis

Susan, contrary to what Mr. Dennis said, they do have Duck Seating titles in Canada. They are FTDSC and AFTDSC. I also have it on good authority they aren't nearly as hard to get as they are in the United States. Easy peasy. But it is still a site to see those obese show dogs trying to master the art.
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Mills View Post
    Susan, contrary to what Mr. Dennis said, they do have Duck Seating titles in Canada. They are FTDSC and AFTDSC. I also have it on good authority they aren't nearly as hard to get as they are in the United States. Easy peasy. But it is still a site to see those obese show dogs trying to master the art.

Darn Becky! Next thing you know we're going to have 47% of Romney's Americans immigrating up here!!!

PS. Just trying to get my post count respectable!!
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by DSemple View Post

We need some more Icons/sticky's to let us know when a thread has gone fun- jello babe sticky, fat dog/skinny dog sticky, pointing lab sticky, cat fight sticky, booze sticky, hell when a thread just gets rediculously stupid we could give it a gooser stciky!
    Here's some I stole from another site that's kind of anything goes. These are some of the cleaner ones.

This is one of my favorites..."Can't we all just get along?"

And another of my favorites
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    ah the good old days, fondly remember the love of jello....

/Paul
    Myself included...

Angie