The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: Who "won" last nights debate?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

10 22.73%
  • Romney

23 52.27%
  • Tie

11 25.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who "won" last nights debate? GDG

"In my view the "angry" man was Mitt Romney. Obama was confident and assured, much better than last time. Romney made some glaring errors and did not shed any further light on his "5 point plan". I do not see Obama as "the evil empire" nor do I see Romney as anything but a political mouth for the white and privileged. And frankly, does not matter which one gets elected if they can't get congress and the senate to work with them. We all lose"
    1st question: By a college student asking what will the newly-elected Pres. going to do about getting him a job when he graduates?
    Gov. Romney: answer: My 5 pt' plan then I heard balh blah blah about what isn't right about the our current budget ,and how bad it is under Obama. That poor college kid never got his question answered. I turned the channel after that. Same old crap different day.
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    What I find amazing when you consider the very distinct differences between the the 2 parties platforms,, is all the discussion about how important these debates are..

I find that incredible.

If you have even an Ounce of political ideology,, you HAVE to know who you are going to vote for.
    That decision HAD to come LONG before either of these two guys started the banter..

It scares me,, that the "Undecided" dont see the Huge differences ofthe 2 platforms,, and how they "Fit" into that difference.

Dint watch the debate.. dint need to... Already made up my mind last year.

I dont believe in Big government
    I want to pay less in taxes.
    I dont want Uncle Sam managing my diabetes.
    I dont want Uncle sam defining a Religious Sacrement.
    I will not work for a union
    I believe in competition and free markets
    I believe in individualisum, and not Borg mentality.
    The constitution is not a '"Living'" document,, and there are proceedures in place to ammend it.
    We are not a democracy,, we are a republic of states.

While I understand that both parties of our 2 party system dont necessarily agree with ALL my opinions,, there is 1,, that in most cases does.. Its very clear.

The debates are just good T.V.,, and give the talking head networks something to justify their blood pressure meds.
    Oh,, and cater to the confused
    Gooser
    Well written Gooser. With regard to the Constitution, and contrary to Justice Ginsberg's assertions, it was never designed to define our liberties; those were granted to us by our creator and are unlimited insofar as to whether our actions and decisions do or do not bring harm to others. The design of the Constitution defines the limits of the Federal government, i.e. it's enumerated powers.
    Mike Boufford

Home to:
    UH HRCH Blue Sky's Carolina Contessa (500 Point Club)
    HRCH Firestorm Black on the Inside

UH HRCH MarshQurls Thunderfoot Jake SH (660 lifetime points) 2/24/02 - 12/11/08

"The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves." George Washington 1776

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    What I find amazing when you consider the very distinct differences between the the 2 parties platforms,, is all the discussion about how important these debates are..

I find that incredible.

If you have even an Ounce of political ideology,, you HAVE to know who you are going to vote for.
    That decision HAD to come LONG before either of these two guys started the banter..

It scares me,, that the "Undecided" dont see the Huge differences ofthe 2 platforms,, and how they "Fit" into that difference.

Dint watch the debate.. dint need to... Already made up my mind last year.

I dont believe in Big government
    I want to pay less in taxes.
    I dont want Uncle Sam managing my diabetes.
    I dont want Uncle sam defining a Religious Sacrement.
    I will not work for a union
    I believe in competition and free markets
    I believe in individualisum, and not Borg mentality.
    The constitution is not a '"Living'" document,, and there are proceedures in place to ammend it.
    We are not a democracy,, we are a republic of states.

While I understand that both parties of our 2 party system dont necessarily agree with ALL my opinions,, there is 1,, that in most cases does.. Its very clear.

The debates are just good T.V.,, and give the talking head networks something to justify their blood pressure meds.
    Oh,, and cater to the confused
    Gooser
    I think hell just froze over, but I agree with Gooser. I did not watch any of the debates, no need to its just noise and it really irks me cause it causes the shows I want to watch to be shoved aside and i don't really get to watch a lot of TV, nor do I have cable so I can avoid the bobble-heads. If you don't know who you are voting for by now then I have to ask, where have you been hiding?

I got my ballot in the mail yesterday...it will be filled out and mailed in shortly...let them debate away, let them ruining evening TV shows, I'm going elk hunting (translated into: I'm going to go exercise my 2nd amendment and carry my rifle around the woods while I try and find a nice sunny spot to take a nap and maybe not snore too loud and scare dinner away)....

FOM
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Not gonna vote, but based on the behavior of our resident progressives, Romney must have kicked Obama's behind!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cockfield View Post
    It must be really dark where your head's at Carol. "Political mouth for the white and privileged." Really?? Wow.
    No Brian, my head is actually in a very sunny and optimistic place! It is wonderful living somewhere that people have these discussions frequently, are familiar with the issues and the candidates' stand on them, and most of all are willing to discuss them without rancor or name calling. It was Gov. Romney himself that decided that 47% of us are not important to him. Cool, I'll deal with that
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    No Brian, my head is actually in a very sunny and optimistic place! It is wonderful living somewhere that people have these discussions frequently, are familiar with the issues and the candidates' stand on them, and most of all are willing to discuss them without rancor or name calling. It was Gov. Romney himself that decided that 47% of us are not important to him. Cool, I'll deal with that

So let me see if I understand Carol: You are the 47%? Driving around the country is a nice RV and Truck? Living in Taos? So tell me--How in the hell do I get my free Obama phone? I'm assuming you have one. You are the one who took to FB with the threat to Un-Friend people over their political opinions--so PLEASE don't post this crap about discussing issues in a civil manner. I call BS.

That 47% was a context to the people he could not sway... He was stating that he needed the undecided votes. There is no way he could sway someone who is a pledged DEM to vote for him or someone that gets freebies to vote for him. He grouped them together in the 47%, but it was for all different reasons. Some "Vote for the Den only" peeps and the free loaders are two sub-categories of the 47%. The haters ran with that one and he never made the explaination.

Heck I think I'm turning into the other 47% percent that will NOT vote for those crazy donkeys...
    Last edited by Duckquilizer; 10-17-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Sorry Carol; I decided to be the bigger person and remove my comment not realizing you had already responded to it. So be it. I stand by what I said.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell.

Whoa Nancy. I said I would unfriend those that bombarded me with political advertisements. I specifically INVITED original thought or commentary. Although I am not quite old enough for SS, Medicare or any type of gov income at all, I sympathize with those that are disregarded because they take the benes they have earned. As to my trailer and truck, yep they've been a home for us since losing our house. You sure aren't being asked to pay for them. You don't know my story and I don't know yours. And I really do enjoy dissenting discussion with people capable of critical thinking and possessing original ideas.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

I view this "47%" bs with a baseball analogy. Every year Major League Baseball teams play 162 games. Every team (unless they are really stink o) is going to win 50 games and lose 50 games. It's what they do with the other 62 games that determines if they make it to the playoffs. All Romney was saying was that he knows he going to lose that 47% no matter what. He has to direct his attention to his base, the moderates and the undecided in order to win the election. Makes sense to me.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth