The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fact Checking POTUS Debate #2

Obama's Rose Garden speech ...
    http://nation.foxnews.com/benghazi-g...ebate-was-over

This is ABC news coverage. I wanted to hear the whole thing again myself. In this speech he does NOT mention the video directly. It does appear that his phrase "acts of terror" was referring to 9/11/2001 since it followed his reference to that event. He does not use the word "terrorist" in the speech.

The reporter coverage following the speech alludes to the video, making it seem that although it wasn't part of the "official" speech it was additional information given to the media. That is unclear, however. I think that Carney's later comments (not sure which day) was when the video story had begun to "gel" as the reason for the attack.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Obama's Rose Garden speech ...
    http://nation.foxnews.com/benghazi-g...ebate-was-over

This is ABC news coverage. I wanted to hear the whole thing again myself. In this speech he does NOT mention the video directly. It does appear that his phrase "acts of terror" was referring to 9/11/2001 since it followed his reference to that event. He does not use the word "terrorist" in the speech.

The reporter coverage following the speech alludes to the video, making it seem that although it wasn't part of the "official" speech it was additional information given to the media. That is unclear, however. I think that Carney's later comments (not sure which day) was when the video story had begun to "gel" as the reason for the attack.
    What reason would he have to be talking about 2001 during a speech about events at Benghazi? I think that people wanting to have a poor opinion of the guy will go to great lengths to project and put words in his mouth to try and twist his meaning to suit their narrative.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    What reason would he have to be talking about 2001 during a speech about events at Benghazi? I think that people wanting to have a poor opinion of the guy will go to great lengths to project and put words in his mouth to try and twist his meaning to suit their narrative.
    I think he goes to great lengths to not come out and directly say it was a terrorist attack. If he would come out and called it what it is then there would be no putting words in his mouth. Just like the Fort Hood terrorist attack which it is not being called. If he would be clear there would no question as to what he means but he will not come out and say it directly!
    Last edited by duckheads; 10-17-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Speaking of going to great lengths... Obama has gone to great lengths to deceive the public about many things, especially his past and his own record from day one.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    .................................................. ..............................................
    .................................................. .........

Never trust a politician or reporter to be completely accurate.
    This is one of your best statements ever !
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Did you listen to the speech again? I listened to the whole thing because I didn't remember the whole thing, and wanted to see/hear for myself ... not take someone else's word for it.

He was referring to the original 9/11 attack because it was the anniversary of that attack & he was (or would be) attending memorial ceremonies for that anniversary. That was the connection. The printed transcript was also there.

He used the phrase "acts of terror", but he did not clearly connect the Benghazi attack to that phrase, since the phrasing came after referring back to the original 9/11 attacks. However, he also did not refer to the dumb video in the Rose Garden speech. That reference came later ... the reporter was referring to the video, as if that might have been added for the media after the formal speech.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

the one thing I have learned from the debates and the Fact Check patrol on TV and to some extent even here on the RTF, is that its a lot like dog training advice

someone comes on and say that Rex Carr said ____________....and then before you know it you have a whole bunch of people disputing what one person thinks they heard...Well I have personally talked to more than one or five Rex Carr students and sometimes I swear they all describe a different man or interpretation

Well we all watched the debate in one form or another, some in its entirety and some via snippets,and some even have the transcripts...but as these discussions unfold I find that ALL of us have different interpretations of what we saw and heard..its just human nature..to some you hear what you want to hear, to others all you hear are lies...in many ways the truth is what you make it out to be...WE ALL jump to conclusions and most of us have already decided that the opponent is full of bull excrement..it still comes down to what you believe in your heart when you step into that booth and mark that ballot..or in the case of some on here choose not to vote, which is your option too..Hope that all of you Vote for the candidates of your choice both in local, state, county, and on a National level...the success of our country depends on it
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the one thing I have learned from the debates and the Fact Check patrol on TV and to some extent even here on the RTF, is that its a lot like dog training advice

someone comes on and say that Rex Carr said ____________....and then before you know it you have a whole bunch of people disputing what one person thinks they heard...Well I have personally talked to more than one or five Rex Carr students and sometimes I swear they all describe a different man or interpretation

Well we all watched the debate in one form or another, some in its entirety and some via snippets,and some even have the transcripts...but as these discussions unfold I find that ALL of us have different interpretations of what we saw and heard..its just human nature..to some you hear what you want to hear, to others all you hear are lies...in many ways the truth is what you make it out to be...WE ALL jump to conclusions and most of us have already decided that the opponent is full of bull excrement..it still comes down to what you believe in your heart when you step into that booth and mark that ballot..or in the case of some on here choose not to vote, which is your option too..Hope that all of you Vote for the candidates of your choice both in local, state, county, and on a National level...the success of our country depends on it
    Got to go vote. Got to take care of OK state question 766 for sure. Taxing of intangible property needs to be fixed. Well we got more than that to fix. Anyhow I am voting ( God willing ).
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Voted yesterday... I'm going to be out of state on Election Day. It was a good feeling knowing we are going to make a major change in the leadership of the country. Turnout for early voting for the first day was up 26% over 2008.
    Bill Davis