The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did Romney run from the gun control question?

Default Why did Romney run from the gun control question?

Why did Romney run as fast as he could from the question? How do you feel about Romney's past history of being an advocate for gun control?

Have no clue because I didn't watch the debate. Perhaps he has changed his stance on the topic, and quite possibly to the point of convincing the NRA to endorse him. The NRA could have stayed neutral but chose to back Romney.
    Mike Boufford

Home to:
    UH HRCH Blue Sky's Carolina Contessa (500 Point Club)
    HRCH Firestorm Black on the Inside

UH HRCH MarshQurls Thunderfoot Jake SH (660 lifetime points) 2/24/02 - 12/11/08

"The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves." George Washington 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Boufford View Post
    Have no clue because I didn't watch the debate. Perhaps he has changed his stance on the topic, and quite possibly to the point of convincing the NRA to endorse him. The NRA could have stayed neutral but chose to back Romney.
    It seems like he didn't change his stance on gun control instead he changed the topic.

Remember: under Obama's watch, the ATF's Fast and Furious operation sent AK47s and other assault weapons (2,000) into Mexico and directly into the hands of the drug cartels. Many Mexican lives were lost and some American lives as well. Most of those guns are still in the hands of the drug cartels. The ATF did this with the knowledge of the Dept of Justice. This is a proven fact.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    It seems like he didn't change his stance on gun control instead he changed the topic.
    And Obama brought up the assault weapons ban once again so we well know where the incumbent stands; on the wrong side of the debate. He has no understanding of a person's right to self defense (check his record at the state level as well as the national level). Does Obama have a plan to stop criminal activity, or the entry of illegal weapons (not to mention illegal aliens) into thsi country? No his plan is to impose laws upon those who will follow those laws instead of going after those who do not follow the law in the first place.
    Mike Boufford

Home to:
    UH HRCH Blue Sky's Carolina Contessa (500 Point Club)
    HRCH Firestorm Black on the Inside

UH HRCH MarshQurls Thunderfoot Jake SH (660 lifetime points) 2/24/02 - 12/11/08

"The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves." George Washington 1776

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Remember: under Obama's watch, the ATF's Fast and Furious operation sent AK47s and other assault weapons (2,000) into Mexico and directly into the hands of the drug cartels. Many Mexican lives were lost and some American lives as well. Most of those guns are still in the hands of the drug cartels. The ATF did this with the knowledge of the Dept of Justice. This is a proven fact.
    Yes, I know but your doing the same thing Romney is doing, CHANGING THE SUBJECT, the question was is how do you feel about Romney's record of being a gun control nutcase?

Yes, I know but your doing the same thing Romney is doing, CHANGING THE SUBJECT, the question was is how do you feel about Romney's record of being a gun control nutcase?
    Well then, as we suspect, you'll just be voting for Obama again. He's certainly no "gun control nutcase"????????

You're attempts at spinning what you heard is just what we can expect from all those in the tank for the regime.

You have apparently enjoyed all the "Hopey/Change" the past 4 years, and are looking forward to continuing that program. I'm just amazed how well Obama has done at making sheeple out of all the leftists, when to my knowledge, he hasn't kept any of his promises he made in '08. But when you have fallen for his lies then, it's only natural you would spin it all so you can ignore all his lies now.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Well then, as we suspect, you'll just be voting for Obama again. He's certainly no "gun control nutcase"????????

You're attempts at spinning what you heard is just what we can expect from all those in the tank for the regime.

You have apparently enjoyed all the "Hopey/Change" the past 4 years, and are looking forward to continuing that program. I'm just amazed how well Obama has done at making sheeple out of all the leftists, when to my knowledge, he hasn't kept any of his promises he made in '08. But when you have fallen for his lies then, it's only natural you would spin it all so you can ignore all his lies now.

UB
    Quite the opposite, I still plan on voting for Romney, but as a conservative I am very interesting in knowing how I spun anything. Did not Romney run from the question? Does not Romney's voting record reflect he is in favor of gun control? It was just a simple question, no spin at all. Does it scare you that the next President may very well be appointing Supreme Court Justices and both candidates are in favor of gun control?
    Last edited by mngundog; 10-17-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Quite the opposite, I still plan on voting for Romney, but as a conservative I am very interesting in knowing how I spun anything. Did not Romney run from the question? Does not Romney's voting record reflect he is in favor of gun control? It was just a simple question, no spin at all. Does it scare you that the next President may very well be appointing Supreme Court Justices and both candidates are in favor of gun control?

If that's what concerns you, by all means, contact him and voice your objections. Or, a much easier way to voice your concerns is posting a letter to the editor in any of the NRA magazines. I'll look forward to reading your comments, assuming you are a member of the NRA.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

I really dont care what Romney's stance is toward the 2A......

What I do care about is the stance of those that he would appoint to SCOTUS and their stance on the 2A and the constitution

Elections do have their consequences
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"