The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did Romney run from the gun control question?

He answered the question at first then changed his tune because of putting a ban in place while governor that was bipartisan(his words not mine).

He wants the NRA backing, he just does not know how to say No I wont consider a AW ban, because he did put one in place.

So does anyone know if during the ban that violent crime went down? Did it go up? I am just curious.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Hard to shoot fliers with an AK47

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Hard to shoot fliers with an AK47
    The AR is the platform of choice among coyote hunters here, I know about 20 guys that use these hunting rifles many of them over 65. What did Romney say about the hunting rifles:
    “These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”
    Pretty scary that the two choices in candidates we have will probably have the ability to appoint Supreme Court Justices and they both have dangerous views about gun control.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    The AR is the platform of choice among coyote hunters here, I know about 20 guys that use these hunting rifles many of them over 65. What did Romney say about the hunting rifles:
    Pretty scary that the two choices in candidates we have will probably have the ability to appoint Supreme Court Justices and they both have dangerous views about gun control.
    just got my American Hunter today - It's Romney-Ryan all the way

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    just got my American Hunter today - It's Romney-Ryan all the way
    Yes that is quite entertaining that Jim Zumbo made essentially the same quotes that Romney did about the same rifles and the NRA condemned the man, yet Romney gets endorsed for banning those same rifles that Zumbo simply mentioned in a blog.

Yes that is quite entertaining that Jim Zumbo made essentially the same quotes that Romney did about the same rifles and the NRA condemned the man, yet Romney gets endorsed for banning those same rifles that Zumbo simply mentioned in a blog.
    You're gonna have to find something a little stronger, this line of attack isn't working...
    Bill Davis

the NRA also gave Harry Reid an A rating....I think they pick the battles they can win and the players that can win the battles for their agenda
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

.................................................. .................................................. .
    You got that right for sure.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I really dont care what Romney's stance is toward the 2A......

What I do care about is the stance of those that he would appoint to SCOTUS and their stance on the 2A and the constitution

Elections do have their consequences
    This might be the most important thing people should think about when they vote!!!

Contrary to what people think, Obama has already been behind the scenes screwing with gun stores. Right after the CO shooting he sent the ATF out in full force (here in GA anyways) going over paperwork as far back as the stores had sold guns looking for any errors. One store east of Atlanta had a minor, minor error from 10 years ago and they were given 72 hours to shut down. A friend of mine owns a gun store and they spent 2 days going thru his stuff looking for ANYTHING they could find.

Trust me I am not wild about Romney and his past with gun laws, but it sure as heck beats what Obama has up his sleeve!
    Brandon Edmondson

If you like Obama and the secular progressives veiws and desires on guns,gun control and gun legislation over Romneys, than by all means, vote for them!!!!

I can just see you wearing a button on your shirt stating;
    "I support Obama's gun laws!!!!"

Puhleeeeese.................
    Last edited by road kill; 10-18-2012 at 08:57 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis