The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why did Romney run from the gun control question?

There needs to be a discussion...both sides have it wrong....

Tell me stan...in your town do you know someone that has a gun and you think it is wise that they do?

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    There needs to be a discussion...both sides have it wrong....
    So, in your infinite wisdom... You are smarter than our founding fathers?
    Last edited by huntinman; 10-18-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    Bill Davis

Tell me stan...in your town do you know someone that has a gun and you think it is wise that they do?
    I live in America, it is a Constitutional RIGHT!!!!!

Second Amendment - Bearing Arms

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    What part don't you understand???
    Last edited by road kill; 10-18-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

It is hard to believe someone that has been on the wrong side of just about everything republicans hold true. Gun control being one.

Now lets talk about gun control. You want find a more avid waterfowl hunter than me, but with that comes a great deal of responsibility.

Having grown up cajun country, we start learning how to blow a duck call on granddaddy lap and wading the marsh and poling a pirogue in the marsh by the time we are 8 year old with no adult supervision. Having said that, we have been backhanded by our dads once or twice on improper use of a gun in away that still resinates in our mind at age 50, by this time.

The problem today is that these kids did not have these life leasons. Most have not seen the life drain out of a deer from a gun shot. Point being they have no clue what taking a life really means. Moving own to the boy that has no real self confidence since life has dealt him an unfair hand but a gun makes him tough.

The law reads if you have not been convicted of a crime or mentally ill, you can own a gun. The problem with this is it does not account for the "yet" convicted of a crime or deemed mentally ill.

This NRA position of no obstruction of gun ownership is irrisponsible. We should set down and determine a way to understand that a person is responsible enough to own a gun and go from there.

I went through one of these right to carry classes and any yahoo can pass it and it is scary knowing that we have idiots walking around with guns here in Texas
    So now you are saying that we need to go to Tom Cruise's "Minority Report" and start convicting people for crimes they haven't committed but will? That's like saying that the cop is going to give me a speeding ticket right now for when I go home tonight because I am going to travel 5mph over the speed limit. That's not how the law works. You can't get arrested for something you haven't done yet.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

I get it....but taking from the constitution...idiots with guns do not secure the free state...they make it less free

I do agree it IS our constitutional right.
    But unfortunately , back when our founding fathers were drafting this piece of paper they weren't aware of the future idiots(Like the Colorada shooter, or the numerous college campus shootings, road rage, gangs with guns, drugs, the list is endless).
    Has anyone put yourself in the victims places?
    Just saying..............
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

I get it....but taking from the constitution...idiots with guns do not secure the free state...they make it less free
    Might be time to turn yours in if you are that worried.
    Bill Davis

No what I'm saying it should not be easy to own a gun. Put a little responsibility with it and you will be amazed at who drops out of the equation...the ones that need out of it

Just a "few more common sense gun control laws" is all we need. The 22,000 that are already on the books are not enough.