The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why did Romney run from the gun control question?

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    I get it....but taking from the constitution...idiots with guns do not secure the free state...they make it less free
    We generally have open borders also, that's part of being FREE...

Idiots and criminals will always have guns...
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

I don't care who you vote for. Not gonna change anyone's mind here, BUT let's be factual regarding gun legislation.

To my knowledge, there has been only one piece of gun related legislation passed ... even introduced ... by this administration. And that was to legalize carrying a concealed weapon, with the proper permit, in a National Park.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

JS

And for the record, I don't want anyone messing with my right to own a gun ... just don't see the Demos interested in doing that.
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Then there's the whole fast and furious thing...

And ATF "inspections"

and last but not least Sotomayor and Kagan, the gifts that will keep on giving.....

No what I'm saying it should not be easy to own a gun. Put a little responsibility with it and you will be amazed at who drops out of the equation...the ones that need out of it
    Oklahoma used to be a dry state and I was grown before it changed. People were drinking.....they just hid that small fact. Bootlegging was a thriving business. Moonshining was going on also. If people start passing restrictive gun laws nothing will change with people buying and owning guns. Just the way they are bought and kept will change.

Lets see.......government will charge a fee for each owner permit and then tax your gun. If your permit expires they will charge you for that. If you haven't purchased your license etc. they will arrest you......more government income. And more government employees to manage all this. Guess what, we all pay through the nose. Now truely who did it help. I don't see those who commit crimes doing anything differently. Black market alive and well for sure though.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

No what I'm saying it should not be easy to own a gun. Put a little responsibility with it and you will be amazed at who drops out of the equation...the ones that need out of it

Although on the surface, this might seem a reasonable argument, I would speculate that the real nut jobs, the one's we really need to be worried about, would be fixated enough to do what they needed to in order to obtain a weapon.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Should we use your criteria for voting as well?????

Just askin'.........
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    I don't care who you vote for. Not gonna change anyone's mind here, BUT let's be factual regarding gun legislation.

To my knowledge, there has been only one piece of gun related legislation passed ... even introduced ... by this administration. And that was to legalize carrying a concealed weapon, with the proper permit, in a National Park.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

JS

And for the record, I don't want anyone messing with my right to own a gun ... just don't see the Demos interested in doing that.
    Obviously new here, Stick around and you will see that the last thing the vast majority of zealots on here want to be confused by are FACTS

The sky is still falling Cindy, Gman etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Although on the surface, this might seem a reasonable argument, I would speculate that the real nut jobs, the one's we really need to be worried about, would be fixated enough to do what they needed to in order to obtain a weapon.
    I never said it was an easy problem to solve...I would like a discussion. Not a my way or the highway discussion...its broken and if it stays on this path the majority of the people in america will one day be against guns. Us hunters are a dying breed.