The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why did Romney run from the gun control question?

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Hard to shoot fliers with an AK47
    But rioters, not so much.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

It is hard to believe someone that has been on the wrong side of just about everything republicans hold true. Gun control being one.

Now lets talk about gun control. You want find a more avid waterfowl hunter than me, but with that comes a great deal of responsibility.

Having grown up cajun country, we start learning how to blow a duck call on granddaddy lap and wading the marsh and poling a pirogue in the marsh by the time we are 8 year old with no adult supervision. Having said that, we have been backhanded by our dads once or twice on improper use of a gun in away that still resinates in our mind at age 50, by this time.

The problem today is that these kids did not have these life leasons. Most have not seen the life drain out of a deer from a gun shot. Point being they have no clue what taking a life really means. Moving own to the boy that has no real self confidence since life has dealt him an unfair hand but a gun makes him tough.

The law reads if you have not been convicted of a crime or mentally ill, you can own a gun. The problem with this is it does not account for the "yet" convicted of a crime or deemed mentally ill.

This NRA position of no obstruction of gun ownership is irrisponsible. We should set down and determine a way to understand that a person is responsible enough to own a gun and go from there.

I went through one of these right to carry classes and any yahoo can pass it and it is scary knowing that we have idiots walking around with guns here in Texas

It is hard to believe someone that has been on the wrong side of just about everything republicans hold true. Gun control being one.

Now lets talk about gun control. You want find a more avid waterfowl hunter than me, but with that comes a great deal of responsibility.

Having grown up cajun country, we start learning how to blow a duck call on granddaddy lap and wading the marsh and poling a pirogue in the marsh by the time we are 8 year old with no adult supervision. Having said that, we have been backhanded by our dads once or twice on improper use of a gun in away that still resinates in our mind at age 50, by this time.

The problem today is that these kids did not have these life leasons. Most have not seen the life drain out of a deer from a gun shot. Point being they have no clue what taking a life really means. Moving own to the boy that has no real self confidence since life has dealt him an unfair hand but a gun makes him tough.

The law reads if you have not been convicted of a crime or mentally ill, you can own a gun. The problem with this is it does not account for the "yet" convicted of a crime or deemed mentally ill.

This NRA position of no obstruction of gun ownership is irrisponsible. We should set down and determine a way to understand that a person is responsible enough to own a gun and go from there.

I went through one of these right to carry classes and any yahoo can pass it and it is scary knowing that we have idiots walking around with guns here in Texas
    Some of those "idiots" might think the same about you, especially if they ever read anything you posted here.
    Bill Davis

If coyote shooters knew how to shoot they would not need a riot gun to shoot them. If you make every shot count, you will kill more coyotes, so hunt with a gun that hits where you aim it

Funny you said that because I was thinking about you while writing this post.

If coyote shooters knew how to shoot they would not need a riot gun to shoot them. If you make every shot count, you will kill more coyotes, so hunt with a gun that hits where you aim it
    Do you shoot a single-shot while duck hunting? It is none of your business what someone shoots if it is legal.
    Bill Davis

Funny you said that because I was thinking about you while writing this post.
    You are more like Obama than you know...
    Bill Davis

I do not coyote hunt with an AR style gun and do not own one myself, but are you saying you are for a ban against them? I myself think that someone should be allowed to hunt with whatever they want too! If we let them have AR style rifle's, what is next, semi-auto's, etc, etc?
    Brandon Edmondson

This post is not only INSANE, it is fundamentally un-American.

Who decides who can own a gun?
    YOU, or someone like YOU??

PUHLEEEESE!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Most any idiot knows that there LEGAL reasons for one to own a gun other than hunting or protection. That also includes an AK-47. I'm sure MOST on this forum are aware of this.