The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fact Checking POTUS Debate #2

Default Fact Checking POTUS Debate #2

“There are millions of women all across the country who rely on Planned Parenthood for mammograms, for cervical cancer screenings,” Obama claimed.
    ---------
    When the Komen Foundation announced in February that it would no longer provide grants to Planned Parenthood—partly due to the fact that Planned Parenthood does not directly provide mammograms – its ideological and political supporters sprang into action. They decried Komen’s decision to eliminate funding for this imagined provider of mammograms. Planned Parenthood’s Executive Director, Cecile Richards, , made the claim. So did President Obama. And an unsuspecting public was led to believe that such bold claims, by people who should know, must be true.

Planned Parenthood itself has admitted that it does not perform mammograms for women — something the Komen for the Cure breast cancer charity confirmed last year.

LifeNews.com and pro-life blogger Jill Stanek followed up with phone calls to various Planned Parenthood centers and confirmed they do not do mammograms.

Then, the organization Live Action released videotaped footage of calls to 30 Planned Parenthood centers nationwide in 27 different states where abortion facility staff were asked whether or not mammograms could be performed on site. Every one of the Planned Parenthood centers admitted they could not do mammograms. Every Planned Parenthood, without exception, tells the women calling that they will have to go elsewhere for a mammogram, and many clinics admit that no Planned Parenthood clinics provide this breast cancer screening procedure.

“We don’t provide those services whatsoever,” admits a staffer at Planned Parenthood of Arizona while a staffer at Planned Parenthood’s Comprehensive Health Center clinic in Overland Park, Kansas tells a caller, “We actually don’t have a, um, mammogram machine, at our clinics.”

Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood director in Texas, also condemned Planned Parenthood’s misleading statements on mammograms.
    Too bad Romney didn't know this.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Thanks for posting this, Gerry. I have yet to see a fact check on the statements Obama made about Planned Parenthood providing mammograms. I hope the Obama campaign checks this out.

Obama never did answer Romney's question about how many applications were denied. Fact check: 62% denied on land, over 30% on water (stated by Chris Wallace).

More BS...

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/abo...sure-38620.htm

At immediate risk were low-income women, many located in rural and underserved communities, served by 19 Planned Parenthood programs funded by the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation.This funding has enabled designated Planned Parenthood health centers to provide women with breast health education, screenings, and referrals for mammograms — lifesaving care for women where Planned Parenthood is their only source of health care.

Planned Parenthood doctors and nurses teach patients about breast care, connect patients to resources to help them get vital biopsies, ultrasounds, and mammograms, and follow up to make sure patients are cared for with the attention they need and deserve.Many of these patients have contacted us to share their stories about how Planned Parenthood has provided much-needed breast health care and education – care that has improved or saved their lives.

If you have any interest at all in this, click and read at the link below...

http://issuu.com/actionfund/docs/clo..._issuu/3#share

They are personal stories of breast cancer victims who were saved by planned parenthood.

Saying that the don't perform them, and leaving out that they help women with information and resources to get it done is what I would call "lawyer talk." And that ain't a compliment...
    Last edited by Buzz; 10-17-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Buzz, the statement was about actually providing mammograms ... not breast health programs.

I would not deny that Planned Parenthood provides some valuable services, but we should be clear on which services we are talking about.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Obama never did answer Romney's question about how many applications were denied. Fact check: 62% denied on land, over 30% on water (stated by Chris Wallace).
    U S Dept Of Land Management has all those records including Drilling Permist issues.
    http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en.html

Never trust a politician or reporter to be completely accurate.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Buzz, the statement was about actually providing mammograms ... not breast health programs.

I would not deny that Planned Parenthood provides some valuable services, but we should be clear on which services we are talking about.

Maybe people think that because they don't have the equipment and the medical staff to to mammograms that it is a lie to say that they provide them.

I say that if they get people into have them done that need them, and they help pay for them (for those who can't afford them), then to say that they don't do this is a lie. Lawyer talk...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

I do not understand WHY we are still talking about funding for Planned Parenthood. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

In an Obamacare world.... women regardless of ethnicity, or income level, all have access to proper medical care. Right???

So,WTF are we doing still talking about a funny funded PPFA?

PPFA has over one BILLION dollars in assets. yes, ONE BILLION DOLLARS IN ASSETS.

So why do we need to borrow money to fund them? It has nothing to do with abortions (for me anyway) and everything to do with a proper use of MONEY.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    I do not understand WHY we are still talking about funding for Planned Parenthood. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

In an Obamacare world.... women regardless of ethnicity, or income level, all have access to proper medical care. Right???

So,WTF are we doing still talking about a funny funded PPFA?

PPFA has over one BILLION dollars in assets. yes, ONE BILLION DOLLARS IN ASSETS.

So why do we need to borrow money to fund them? It has nothing to do with abortions (for me anyway) and everything to do with a proper use of MONEY.
    You do realize that Obamacare is not fully in effect right? So, many women still have no health coverage.

Maybe PP should sell off all their assets so they can provide services from the street corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    You do realize that Obamacare is not fully in effect right? So, many women still have no health coverage.

Maybe PP should sell off all their assets so they can provide services from the street corner.

Are you seriously going to tell me that an operation with over a billion in assets needs taxpayer funding? really?

oh...and as for the ACA.... check it out....

July 1, 2010, PCIP coverage mandated.
    Sept 23, 2010, up to 26 yrs old can stay on mom n dads ins.
    Sept. 23, 2010, FREE preventive care
    Sept. 23, 2010, prevent insurance co from rescinding coverage.
    Setp 23, 2010 eliminating lifetime limits

there's more...but I am tired of typing.

Let's be REAL and HONEST.... affordable and often time free services are available to ALL women who SEEK them out. We do not need to continue funding the next "kick butt political powerhouse" (that quote by the way from PPFA's CFO)
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994