The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suggest Y'all Read This One

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Nope, I believe in working for things like a college education, not getting a free ride on my and my husbands dime since both of us worked our butts off to pay for our college education as we went. Working and going to school sometimes doing both full time a semester. NO loans, no handouts, we earned it.
    As far as the child credit goes, don't have kids if you can't afford them period.
    What condition was the economy in when you and your husband was able to do this?

What if you could afford children when you made the choice to have them and start the American dream ,but now due to economic down turns (gas prices,food price increases and general everyday cost of standard of living ) you cant provide as well as you once did even though you still work as hard as when you was able to provide. I agree no hand outs ,but what do we do now sell the kids to China?

I ran a small construction business that due to several factors (housing markets and record rain fall in the same period )I chose to sell and was able to break even.

In business if in the interview someone says they are going to make you money ,but then they dont produce you have to cut the fat as they where not producing like they said or at least making progress they had to be fired,because if not they would slowly drain profit from your company,then next thing you know your other good employees see that this standard is ok and their work attitude is "well he dont do sh** and still gets paid so why do I have to bust my hump to earn my money"

He has had 4 years of not living up to the terms we (Americans) hired him to do and that HE said he would do in the interview period.

I also was a foreman at a large construction company and if anyone on my job sight made mistakes it was my ass that took the heat,as I was the person of responsibility and had to answer to the higher powers,I understood this when I agreed to take responsibility in trade for more money.

If he didnt fully understand what he was hired to do he should not have signed on. If you want the glory in good times you better dam well have the guts to take the blame for the bad times.

I am no longer on the fence -Obama has had his chance.
    Last edited by shawninthesticks; 10-18-2012 at 05:13 PM.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    What condition was the economy in when you and your husband was able to do this? We graduated from high school in 81 so the economy was still in the trash from Carter. A few of our jobs right out of high school or during when we were saving for school included CVS, A&P, night auditor for a hotel, more retail stores, fast food etc.

What if you could afford children when you made the choice to have them and start the American dream ,but now due to economic down turns (gas prices,food price increases and general everyday cost of standard of living ) you cant provide as well as you once did even though you still work as hard as when you was able to provide. I agree no hand outs ,but what do we do now sell the kids to China? China already thinks it has too many kids. I'm talking about those who could not afford a kid to begin with. However I do not believe in the child credit at all whether refundable or not. It is not logical from an accounting standpoint.
    Why would it make any financial sense to give someone a bonus for increasing expenses to the gov't? If anything they should get a surcharge for the Dept of ED.

I ran a small construction business that due to several factors (housing markets and record rain fall in the same period )I chose to sell and was able to break even.

In business if in the interview someone says they are going to make you money ,but then they dont produce you have to cut the fat as they where not producing like they said or at least making progress they had to be fired,because if not they would slowly drain profit from your company,then next thing you know your other good employees see that this standard is ok and their work attitude is "well he dont do sh** and still gets paid so why do I have to bust my hump to earn my money"

Thus why I am anti union.

He has had 4 years of not living up to the terms we (Americans) hired him to do and that HE said he would do in the interview period. Proudly I can say that I had nothing to do with his hiring.

I also was a foreman at a large construction company and if anyone on my job sight made mistakes it was my ass that took the heat,as I was the person of responsibility and had to answer to the higher powers,I understood this when I agreed to take responsibility in trade for more money.

If he didnt fully understand what he was hired to do he should not have signed on. If you want the glory in good times you better dam well have the guts to take the blame for the bad times.

I am no longer on the fence -Obama has had his chance.
    My replies are in red
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Fair reasoning that I can relate to and understand. Thanks.

At 36 years old I dont fully understand politics but I do understand that politicians are all general liars and will twist words and numbers to make them sound better or worse.
    Something that has always bothered me is the fact of 2 sides seam to spend more time on playing blame games than they do working for a better tomorrow for all of us.

With the debates or any other time none will give specifics on what they are going to do ,they just say "trust me" .Shouldnt they have specific ideas by now and be able to tell us step by step what they really plan to do?they ALL beat around the bush and never give straight forward replies.

I think this is unacceptable and believe that many others due to and it should no longer be tolerated.

From the poverty level to the oval office there are to many that will not take responsibility for their action and decisions and that is a major flaw ,that in my opinion will not be fixed unless our leaders lead by example.

Of the 2 candidates IMO Romney has at least proved he is a successful business man that can turn a profit ,and as for the other one his home state is still trying to recover .They (Illinois)have had 3 major politicians in the news -2 are now in prison and the other is holding us prisoner.

I am neither republican or democrat-I am American!
    Last edited by shawninthesticks; 10-18-2012 at 05:59 PM.
    Shawn White

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    Fair reasoning that I can relate to and understand. Thanks.

At 36 years old I dont fully understand politics but I do understand that politicians are all general liars and will twist words and numbers to make them sound better or worse.
    Something that has always bothered me is the fact of 2 sides seam to spend more time on playing blame games than they do working for a better tomorrow for all of us.

With the debates or any other time none will give specifics on what they are going to do ,they just say "trust me" .Shouldnt they have specific ideas by now and be able to tell us step by step what they really plan to do?they ALL beat around the bush and never give straight forward replies.

I think this is unacceptable and believe that many others due to and it should no longer be tolerated.

From the poverty level to the oval office there are to many that will not take responsibility for their action and decisions and that is a major flaw ,that in my opinion will not be fixed unless our leaders lead by example.

Of the 2 candidates IMO Romney has at least proved he is a successful business man that can turn a profit ,and as for the other one his home state is still trying to recover .They (Illinois)have had 3 major politicians in the news -2 are now in prison and the other is holding us prisoner.

I am neither republican or democrat-I am American!
    You understand politics better than many here twice your age. Now try to fully understand. A vote for Romney or a vote for Obama is a vote for the status quo. For sure one will win in 2012, but it doesn't have to happen again in 2016. What would an American do?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I am so sick of people saying not everyone has the same chances as others. That is complete BS and they all know it. We all make choices, we choose to improve or not. No one, and I mean no one is kept away from a chance to improve, there are millions of people who did not grow up "rich", "white", "right neighborhood" and they are successful today, through hard work and dedication. Not through someone leveling the playing field, no one improves themselves if it won't get them ahead. We do things for selfish reasons everyday, we work or go to school to improve ourselves and our bank accounts not to imrpove anyone elses.

I am so sick of the idea that we need to make everything easy for people to all have the same things, what they means is everyone will be come equal to the lowest class not the other way around.

Now back to this video, Home depot has a long history with Bain Capitol. Without Bain they would have already been out of business. So I think he may be just a little biased.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    You understand politics better than many here twice your age. Now try to fully understand. A vote for Romney or a vote for Obama is a vote for the status quo. For sure one will win in 2012, but it doesn't have to happen again in 2016. What would an American do?

JD
    I think it starts with the news media doing their jobs by reporting in a non bias way so common people can trust and understand what is truely happening (including myself). As a younger man I tried to pay more attention to politics and our future but could never get the true facts and confusion and frustration made it easy to say the hell with this.
    Our news media has became the 3rd party that has so much power over people because they want drama for rating ,they then create it. On another thread there is a clip of a 50-60 year old white man blaming the embassy bombings on the republicans. He needs hit right on the top of the head ,where his reset button.The news media should not let this be there best coverage of the day.

As for 2016 I can only hope we have better choices and with them better ideas of what it takes to improve life for everyone,not the rep.or dem.
    The parties where created to have a balance of power ,but instead of trying to one up each other in a positive direction they spend their time playing hot potato.

Everday should be fact check day.
    Shawn White