The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bayer dumping retiree medical

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Thinking back the old DPA joke isn't so funny anymore. Differenial protien anlayiser = dead people analyser.
    Got no clue what this means but dumping and impacted are two different things. I understand your concern my Mother is 80 and I would be up in arms too.

My point is oh hell never mind on Potus its us versus them and I am a we........just like my friend Cindy.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Got no clue what this means but dumping and impacted are two different things. I understand your concern my Mother is 80 and I would be up in arms too.

My point is oh hell never mind on Potus its us versus them and I am a we........just like my friend Cindy.
    They are dumping their program and are claiming that they wil give retirees some as yet unkown sum of cash towards the purchase of another plan.
    As I said, the retiree does not yet have that cash figure so that they can make an informed choice.
    As for the DPA joke it goes back to the early days of AIDS. My Dad worked on the diagnostic testing for it. THe project was Differential protien anyalizer thus DPA. The inside translation of DPA was dead people analyser because back then if you had it you were as good as dead.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

The more I'm being sent from Dad of official Bayer stuff the worse it gets. The people that will discuss appear to be as far as i've seen so far BUMFACE KISS ASSES! Bet that is for the money these big corps are paying them.

All I have to say is thank god my parents have all their wits about them and my dad has a mathamatical mind.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    The more I'm being sent from Dad of official Bayer stuff the worse it gets. The people that will discuss appear to be as far as i've seen so far BUMFACE KISS ASSES! Bet that is for the money these big corps are paying them.
    Any specifics of the changes? Is it union related? This really intrigues me that I can't find out anymore info on this and am trying to figure out how one of the largest Corps can get by with this with so little info hitting the media.

Any specifics of the changes? Is it union related? This really intrigues me that I can't find out anymore info on this and am trying to figure out how one of the largest Corps can get by with this with so little info hitting the media.
    I don't know about any union stuff. It is possible that some people effected were union employees but my dad was not union. He was an engineer, and not the train kind.
    They had a set employer provided retiree medical plan that they paid a portion for if they wanted it every month. As of Jan 1 this will no longer exist. They will have to find and purchase their own sup plan and Bayer will pay a set amount towards this. Everything has to run thru an account somewhat like a flex spending account. My parents have full wits about them but this could really be throwing a lot of seniors for a loop just trying to deal with all of the nutty accounting. (not nutty to me but i have a cpa)

Not an American owned company. Bayer is a German company.

The link I posted contains the only specifics that even the retirees have been given so far.

Damn Germans........Wait I thought it was Obamagag, obongo, obumface, and all else that starts with Ob fault.

Damn Germans........Wait I thought it was Obamagag, obongo, obumface, and all else that starts with Ob fault.
    It is BUMMA's fault. That is why everything is changing!