The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PetSafe Sport Dog Pro Hunter 2400 Dog Trainer

Default PetSafe Sport Dog Pro Hunter 2400 Dog Trainer

Anyone have any comments on this collar :PetSafe Sport Dog Pro Hunter 2400 Dog Trainer

It is being sold by Cabelas and looks like it has plenty of features at about the half price of a compariable collar.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

NW Panhandle of Florida, The Redneck Riviera

I have no experience with them. Wonder why it's cheaper???? Maybe they know what it's worth.

You can't beat TriTronics premium performance and service at discounted prices.

chrisrbarrow

Go to Cabella's web page, they are giving some info and electronic collars

David

I had a 2-mile petsafe collar that I used for 2 years. In that time I had it
    replaced about 8 times. It works well while working but is not durable. The collar leaked, the electronic pins broke, the transmitter malfunctioned on many occasions, etc. The only thing positive about the collar is the life-time warranty. My suggestion is save and buy a tritronics.

OK guys, I put my hands on one this weekend....was impressed. This is not a POS and they showed me some prototypes as well. I am looking forward to trying them out in the future.

Cray

OK, UPS dropped one of these babies off at my door yesterday. I will train with it for several days and tell you what I think. I am tellin' you now, it is built pretty nicely and is solid, fits in my hand as well if not better than a TT transmitter and is "Hot" so don't think that the levels correspond with the TT levels. The only difference between the 2400 and the TT pro 500 that I see off hand is that the Sportdog only has 2 sublevels of Momentary per level while TT has 3. Continuous they have 3 sublevels per level just like TT. It has 10 levels vs TT 6.

Cray

I am impressed. It is a quality piece of equipment and it has lower and higher settings than the TT. More fine tuning.

I love the way it fits my hand (Size and shape), I like the position of the tone button (don't use it much, but might with it this easy to get to).

The ones I see in Cabelas use a 9V battery in the transmitter, must be old tech because mine is totally rechargeable. It is a good piece of equipment at a great price.

Cray

cmoore

Cray
    Keep me posted on your review of the Sport Dog 2400. I am in the market for a E-collar and I am considering this collar due to price, warrenty, range etc. I get my BLM home from the trainers in a couple of months and will need a collar at that time,

Thanks
    Ralph

cmoore

Has anyone else used the Pet Safe Sport Dog Collar? The Trainer that has my dog is using them and says they have been holding up well for him.

Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore
    Cray
    Keep me posted on your review of the Sport Dog 2400. I am in the market for a E-collar and I am considering this collar due to price, warrenty, range etc. I get my BLM home from the trainers in a couple of months and will need a collar at that time,

Thanks
    Ralph

I will keep you posted Ralph. I like the collar, it has held up well to being dropped a few times. The only test left is the longevity test and only time will tell

Cray