The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camo Handlers Jacket

what Mark was pointing out, at the time. I think. Was when you walked to the running line. If you looked like you belonged there, as opposed to say the express line at the Wal-Mart. It changed the way some judges looked at your dogs work.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    what Mark was pointing out, at the time. I think. Was when you walked to the running line. If you looked like you belonged there, as opposed to say the express line at the Wal-Mart. It changed the way some judges looked at your dogs work.
    How you made a connection between my opinion that dressing so a dog can see you is advantageous, and "belonging there" versus shopping for clothes at Wal-Mart is beyond me.

The two don't have anything to do with one another.

While I can certainly agree with dressing nicely, if someone walks to the line not using every advantage within the rules to help their dog, then they really do look like a schmoe. They probably need to also train more. Clothes aren't going to bail them out.
    Last edited by KNorman; 10-22-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KNorman View Post
    How you made a connection between my opinion that dressing so a dog can see you is advantageous, and "belonging there" versus shopping for clothes at Wal-Mart is beyond me.

The two don't have anything to do with one another.

we agree Knorm
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

So, would a female handler wearing said jacket be a SCHMOETTE???
    Cindy