RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Camo Handlers Jacket

14K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  DogsandHorses 
#1 ·
Saw quite a few Camo Handlers Jackets that guys were wearing at the Grand. Been looking at various websites and can't seem to find anything.
Lion Country Supply has nice White or Black ones with the mesh back but no camo ones.
Anyone know if there is a distributor of these jackets or were they a special event jacket?

#4 ·
Second Richard's advice. Give Dave a call.

Im not trying to start the old camo debate, but I have to admit, I'm puzzled why people want these things. The last thing I want is for a dog to not see me.

At trials, obviously I handle in white (or black), at AKC HT's I handle in black, and when I used to run HRC, I always tried to handle in short sleeves so my arms made a contrast. Even if it was brutally cold, I would wear a jacket to the last holding blind and tough it out during our run.

jmo

#8 ·
Im not trying to start the old camo debate, but I have to admit, I'm puzzled why people want these things.
jmo

Learned RTFer Goldenboy 'splained it best years ago. Though at the time he was speaking about field trials. But it is the same. I tried to search for the original line. I thought it was one of Miriams threads.
Anyway he typed....
"Handlers do not want to look like a Schmoe!"

#6 ·
Shawn,

David can fix you up. They were selling them in the past at Grands so that is why you saw some at this last Grand.

Janet

#12 · (Edited)
How you made a connection between my opinion that dressing so a dog can see you is advantageous, and "belonging there" versus shopping for clothes at Wal-Mart is beyond me.

The two don't have anything to do with one another.

While I can certainly agree with dressing nicely, if someone walks to the line not using every advantage within the rules to help their dog, then they really do look like a schmoe. They probably need to also train more. Clothes aren't going to bail them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.