The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: I Wonder How Difficult It Would Be...

Default I Wonder How Difficult It Would Be...

..to find a debate moderator that both sides could agree on that didn't have a media resume or an obvious liberal/conservation bias? Just a moderator that could ask the questions and stay out of the way except to see that the rules of engagement are followed. Moderators should be referees and that's it. How hard would it be to turn off the participants mike until it's their turn to speak?

I understand that finding a cure for diseases, space exploration, finding alternative fuel sources and even getting my dog Angus from crushing the duck are difficult endeavors but how hard can it be to run a fair debate?

I feel better now.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I think Charlie Rose from Bloomberg TV would be a great Moderator. Who is moderating Monday night?
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I think Charlie Rose from Bloomberg TV would be a great Moderator. Who is moderating Monday night?
    Scheiffer................
    Bill Davis

How about a robot!
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

I was thinking about Floyd the Barber.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Scheiffer................

Now there-ya-go...NO BIAS in old Bob, eh??????

Many moons ago, I called him on some bias that was so obvious even CBS observed he 'may' have done better than he did. But he is such a Democrat toad, he's not even aware of his bias. Like most of the "News-reporters" from that era...Wallace, Morley, Jennings, and my personal favorite directly from the peoples republic of eastern Sodak, that big supporter of George McGovern...good ole' Tom Brokenjaw.

These 'moderators' are selected for their popularity in the MSP. Can you imagine the furor it would cause among the MSP, if that august body that makes these selections had suggested Brit Hume, or Jim Angle?

I too, would favor Floyd the barber, or Mr. MaGoo.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

I want that gig!!! I would be am awesome moderator. AND I woud hook both of them up to my Pro500, anyone interupts get a low 4, outright falsehoods: high 5. No town hall bs. You have a podium and a chair. You sit down and shut up, when the other guy is answering questions. You get up and go to the podium to answer the question. Any clapping, comments or eye rolling from the audiance will earn them a HIGH 5 from the chair buzzers I want installed prior to the debate.

I also want to hit a high 6 for any talk that is all wrapped up in Political BS .
    I want the facts NOT BS.
    I want it drawn up on a chalkboard not taken out of context,not what I want to hear ,NO BS.

Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Better have a bunch of replacement batteries, I feel your collars would die quickly from over use. But it would be fun to watch them take a few burns for BS or avoiding questions which they both are so good at.

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    I want that gig!!! I would be am awesome moderator. AND I woud hook both of them up to my Pro500, anyone interupts get a low 4, outright falsehoods: high 5. No town hall bs. You have a podium and a chair. You sit down and shut up, when the other guy is answering questions. You get up and go to the podium to answer the question. Any clapping, comments or eye rolling from the audiance will earn them a HIGH 5 from the chair buzzers I want installed prior to the debate.
    This sounds like a plan to me ! LOL
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~