The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EE- event closed last night at 20 dogs and just a minute ago 22

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy View Post
    Adding personnel drives up costs to handlers and clubs.........
    Also brings down unemployment.

"Progress" is killing us regards,

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

How many entries were there last week times 4.50? Im just a old country boy but someone is doing alright if there is only two employees working.
    LUCK - WHEN PREPARATION MEETS REALITY!
    NAFC FC Cody Cut A Lean Grade "Grady" NAFC Paddle Creek's Pack Your Grip "Traveler"
    www.paddlecreekretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Baker;
    How many entries were there last week times 4.50? .
    After subtracting a 3-4% credit card transaction fee that $4.50 gets much smaller. If everyone paid with a check it would be different. One would assume that the pros are all VIP accounts and pay by check, most individuals pay by credit card. I know the giant retailers get a much better deal than 3-4% due to volume but small retailers, professionals, etc. do not. When those entry fees hit $100 after subtracting the transaction fee there isn't much left.

Would out cost EE less if we had the option to pay with Paypal?

If you send the money on PayPal as a gift it is free but they probably couldn't get away with that just saying regards
    Justin E Schneider

Xtreme's 30 Rounds N' 1 Full Maggie SH
    Foundation's One Up the Sleeve

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." -- Josh Billings

Some peoples stiffest competition is themselves.--MooseGooser

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    After subtracting a 3-4% credit card transaction fee that $4.50 gets much smaller. If everyone paid with a check it would be different. One would assume that the pros are all VIP accounts and pay by check, most individuals pay by credit card. I know the giant retailers get a much better deal than 3-4% due to volume but small retailers, professionals, etc. do not. When those entry fees hit $100 after subtracting the transaction fee there isn't much left.
    I'm thinkin' the club has to absorb 3-4% of the $80 and EE has to absorb 3-4% of $4.50...is that wrong?
    Tom Rogers; Owned and Handled by Al Capone's Magic Patriot Son - Riot
    [FC/AFC Big Alfonse Capone of Mo-Kan x Dominators Magic Avalon]

R.I.P. Grandpaws FC AFC HRCH Taylorlab Downtown "Dusty" Brown MH & FC CFC CAFC Taylorlabs "Magic" Trick MH CD
    Riot's Career
    on EE

It might be beneficial to EE to set up to take Electronic Checks. Electronic checks have a lower processing fee some services below $0.25 a transaction. They process either instantly or at most 5 days so it will clear before start of trial/test. A huge number of EE's customers are repeat customers and their is no other way to enter events so they have a monopoly going. Electronic checks would also save money by reducing the number of paper checks they handle and process. Of course as an incentive you could reduce the entry fee for electronic checks to say $2.50 and still make more money on those transactions then the transactions using credit cards.

Just a thought.....
    Dogs Dog, Handlers Handle, Judges Judge

HRCH Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami MH QAA

The more options you add, the more moving parts you have, the more opportunities that you have for things to go wrong.
    For ease of administration, it makes sense to limit the option. As a consumer of EE services, I would prefer to charge entry fees and delay payment, rather than pay by check

The higher the entry fee charged by the club, the less profit margin there is for EE.

Assume 3% credit card charge.
    If $80 entry fee charged by club, $2.40 goes to credit card company.
    If $100 entry fee charged by club (and I suspect we are not far from first $100 trial), $3.00 goes to credit card company.

That $4.50 is getting chewed up pretty quickly.
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

As a consumer I would rather save $2 an entry and have enough after 35-40 entries to pay for one with the savings Credit card usage has more moving parts than an electronic check and their is more room for fraud which is why the have such a high cost to use for the merchant. Credit card use is a cash loan that the merchant (passed on to consumer) pays for. An electronic check is not a cash loan so there is no interest added into the use. Credit card companies also cahrge the card holder interest if they do not pay off their card every month.
    Dogs Dog, Handlers Handle, Judges Judge

HRCH Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami MH QAA

I'd rather pay a couple more bucks in entry fees and have the extra money go towards a a better display of entries. I'd like to see dog name, breed, owner, handler, breeder, etc, on a single line. I'd like the option to filter or sort entries by breed, age, etc.
    Kelly Cassidy (person)

HR Maple Cassidy CDX JH RE (golden retriever)
    Alder Cassidy CDX RE (standard poodle chipmunk chaser)
    plus whacked-out weird Burka (elderly mix-breed rescue girl)