The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EE- event closed last night at 20 dogs and just a minute ago 22

Quote Originally Posted by savage25xtreme View Post
    All I want for Christmas is a search function in EE that works.
    Does Santa Clause read RTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy View Post
    ..... Proof is that clubs can still opt to handle there events in a direct, manual fashion. In that regard, I don't know if there is even one club that chooses to handle their events in a manual manner anymore.

Gosh, does this mean I may enter the NAHRA Field Tests (the original hunt test) on the EE site now????
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Sounds like Shayne was losing thousands every week. No wonder he sold it and no wonder he won't get paid for it..
    Why would someone just die for such a losing proposition. Does this belong on POTUS?
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

David,

I am a secretary, I really don't care that EE is making some profit on the deal. They are providing an excellent service that makes my life easy. Point is they are making money, anyone who says otherwise is nuts. Would RN have bought them out otherwise? What does it matter if EE is breaking even when their parent company is increasing revenue?

I just want a search function that works.
    Gavin B.

I may be nuts but I know of what I speak. Actually EE doesn't have a track record of making money, proof of why EE was sold to Retriever News. And The Retriever News, IMO, doesn't have a profit motive because its not their mission, they just want a break-even proposition to provide essential services in a reliable manner to the AKC clubs. Retriever News is a non-profit established for the benefit of the AKC FTs & HTs & the clubs that run the events. Owned by the AKC clubs as a collective group, the Retriever News sees the importance of the entry service and how it serves the community & centralizes performance record keeping, with which they are charged by the AKC. What I see as an outsider is a concerted effort to provide the clubs with a low-cost service to help promote the games & disseminate information.

Sorry Ken, I should have been more percise...all AKC retriever events.
    David Didier, GA

Since when did making money become a crime? Think about this.....if EE has 2 full time employees in the office that are making $ 10.00 per hour that is around $ 61K per year for just those 2 employees (adding FICA, SUTA, WC Insurance, and considering 120 hours personal time). This means at $ 4.50 each it takes about 13,500 dogs to just pay the salaries of these 2.

And you have to have some office space, office supplies, postage, printing, oh yeah....and site upgrades.

Hope this helps some folks to understand some previous comments. I don't have anything to do with EE (personally or professionally). As a matter of fact my EE account is probably not even active any more as its been so long since i've used it.
    Bob Foster