The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Big Bird & Binders!!!!!

Default Big Bird & Binders!!!!!

Forget the economy, Behngahzi, gas prices, unemployment, the debt etc.

The secular progressives (I only call them that because they BOO God) have Big Bird & Binders.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

The secular progressives (I only call them that because they BOO God) have Big Bird & Binders.
    And don't forget Romnesia
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

When your accomplishments are all negative, CHANGE THE SUBJECT !!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The dems had someone dressed up as Big Bird outside the first open early voting place in our county the other day. Sad that this is what it has come down to.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    The dems had someone dressed up as Big Bird outside the first open early voting place in our county the other day. Sad that this is what it has come down to.

local saturday morning news story / filler just now. Big Bird costumes are flying (pun intended) off shelves. Surge to top as most popular adult halloween costume. Gee, with all that extra ca$h flow big bird wont need public assistance no more anyways!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Apparently not everyone is aware of the origin of the “big bird controversy”.

As I recall from the first debate, Gov. Romney brought up PBS (and called Big Bird by name) as an example of spending cuts he would propose to compensate for the tax cuts he would propose. The president and his supporters have pointed out that the “government assistance” to PBS is such a miniscule part of the federal budget that it would be a drop in the ocean when it comes to balancing his budget.

When the governor was pressed for specific examples of more meaningful spending cuts, none were forthcoming so the big bird levity flourished. I agree, it IS pretty funny.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    local saturday morning news story / filler just now. Big Bird costumes are flying (pun intended) off shelves. Surge to top as most popular adult halloween costume. Gee, with all that extra ca$h flow big bird wont need public assistance no more anyways!
    Speaking of halloween costumes....
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Now thats scary!
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Apparently not everyone is aware of the origin of the “big bird controversy”.

As I recall from the first debate, Gov. Romney brought up PBS (and called Big Bird by name) as an example of spending cuts he would propose to compensate for the tax cuts he would propose. The president and his supporters have pointed out that the “government assistance” to PBS is such a miniscule part of the federal budget that it would be a drop in the ocean when it comes to balancing his budget.

When the governor was pressed for specific examples of more meaningful spending cuts, none were forthcoming so the big bird levity flourished. I agree, it IS pretty funny.

JS
    I watched that debate. I really comes down to adding up all of the money spent on things that are not required under the constitution. Big Bird and Seseme Street generate huge revenues thru character liscenses and if anyone had the true financials it would be obvious it makes a ton of money. When cookie monster went PC my disgust grew. What have they done to the Cookie Monster of my childhood? Michelle the food police killed him!!!!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI