The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I haven't heard this before

My dog barks every time someone knocks on the door he even barks when he hears someone on the TV knock on a door. I don't discourage it because I want him to let me know when someone is there.
    HRCH Dallys Wild Willow SH Born 11-06-97 Left Us 1-30-12 will always be in my thoughts RIP Willow

Around here there are a lot of Heelers and Australian Sheepdogs that ride in the backs of pickups or on welding trucks. Mostly great little fellers when they are running around on the ground; wouldn't even think of trying to pet one when it's on the truck. Generally stay back at least double what I think the reach is. Circumstances can make a big difference in behavior.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Mine barks at everyone (except me) that comes to the door, even if it's open and she can see through the glass. She isn't aggressive though; after they open the door she drives them crazy seeking attention & pats. I don't mind this behavior at all.

mine's the same way, full window storm door barks at everything that goes by. but only lets out the alert, warning bark when we get solicitors (adults) or random workers. My wife has said he's really protective when I'm not home. i actually don't mind, he's quick to listen so it's never been an issue.