The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Special Name Game

Default Special Name Game

I have a 3.5 year old female Chessie that I have used for hunting. I never registered her with the AKC because I had no intentions of running her in a hunt test. Last month she was diagnosed with bone cancer and we had her leg amputated. She has recovered well from the surgery. This past weekend she returned to training. She handled the blinds well and had little issue with the marks on both land and water.

With the above said, I have decided that I want to work towards her senior title so long as she is willing and able to do so. We are going to start off slow and get her Junior title this fall even though she ran senior level work before her amputation.

Her call name is Girl, and I want to incorporate something calling out that she has three legs in her registered name. I have seen some of the names that the name game here on RTF comes up with so I thought I would give you all a try.

Thanks for the help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Im terrible with names but Good for you and your dog at moving forward, best of luck to you.
    HRC- Our season never ends

"Shoot fast or shoot last"

HR UH Nilsson's on a wing n a prayer SH WCX

I'm not particularly gifted with picking names either, but definitely want to wish you the best and congratulate you for your strength, courage and persistence during such a difficult time. Amazing to have such a positive outlook and way of making the most of everything you and your dog have been given. She looks like she's happy to be with you regardless of her pain.
    Andrea Wolfe

Home of:
    Rebels River Raider (FC AFC Rebel With A Cause X FC AFC Yellowstone's TNT Explosion daughter)

Kodiak's Rocky Mountain Rebel SH (3/4 sister to Raider)

where is she from?
    sire and dam reg. or call names?
    very cool your letting her stay working, they all need a job.

edit, working will keep her fit. looks like she likes the supper dish don't she?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Disagree with Ken, I don't think she looks fat as much as she looks like she has a big ribcage/chest. Nice little tucked up waist. I'm not much good at names, either but how about Triangirl? Triangle has 3 points, you call her girl? And hopefully she'll try her heart out for you!
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Disagree with Ken, I don't think she looks fat as much as she looks like she has a big ribcage/chest. .....!
    she may not be fat now. all I'm saying is working will keep her fit. and I can tell by the look on her face she likes to snack.

So... for a fun name to go with that powerfull chest, how about

Poseidon's trident
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Anybody that has studied Geometry knows that 3 points define a plane.

Its perfect in its form.

So,,

"Rocksteady 3 Point Stance" Call name Girl.

Gooser.

P.S.

She's beautifull,,, so is you!
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Thanks for the suggestions and the support! Girl has come a long way in a short amount of time. She is only 4 weeks post op. She ran her first mark just as fast on three legs than she did on four.

Ken, that picture was just a few days after the operation. With the swelling she left the vet several pounds heavier than when she went in with four legs. I will post some better pics of her.

Her sire is
    SIR BUDDY OF SPLASHERS DOWN

Dam
    WELLERS KENSINGTON SHADOW PRINCESS
    Last edited by weps10; 10-21-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Splasher's Tripod Princess , call name "Girl"
    Tom Rogers; Owned and Handled by Al Capone's Magic Patriot Son - Riot
    [FC/AFC Big Alfonse Capone of Mo-Kan x Dominators Magic Avalon]

R.I.P. Grandpaws FC AFC HRCH Taylorlab Downtown "Dusty" Brown MH & FC CFC CAFC Taylorlabs "Magic" Trick MH CD
    Riot's Career
    on EE

I really like Ken's suggestion:
    Poseidon's Trident
    It fits on so many levels.
    Sounds like Girl is doing great, glad to hear.
    Colleen