RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Special Name Game

4K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  weps10 
#1 ·
I have a 3.5 year old female Chessie that I have used for hunting. I never registered her with the AKC because I had no intentions of running her in a hunt test. Last month she was diagnosed with bone cancer and we had her leg amputated. She has recovered well from the surgery. This past weekend she returned to training. She handled the blinds well and had little issue with the marks on both land and water.

With the above said, I have decided that I want to work towards her senior title so long as she is willing and able to do so. We are going to start off slow and get her Junior title this fall even though she ran senior level work before her amputation.

Her call name is Girl, and I want to incorporate something calling out that she has three legs in her registered name. I have seen some of the names that the name game here on RTF comes up with so I thought I would give you all a try.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm not particularly gifted with picking names either, but definitely want to wish you the best and congratulate you for your strength, courage and persistence during such a difficult time. Amazing to have such a positive outlook and way of making the most of everything you and your dog have been given. She looks like she's happy to be with you regardless of her pain.

#7 ·
Anybody that has studied Geometry knows that 3 points define a plane.

Its perfect in its form.

So,,

"Rocksteady 3 Point Stance" Call name Girl.

Gooser.

P.S.

She's beautifull,,, so is you!

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the suggestions and the support! Girl has come a long way in a short amount of time. She is only 4 weeks post op. She ran her first mark just as fast on three legs than she did on four.

Ken, that picture was just a few days after the operation. With the swelling she left the vet several pounds heavier than when she went in with four legs. I will post some better pics of her.

Her sire is
SIR BUDDY OF SPLASHERS DOWN

Dam
WELLERS KENSINGTON SHADOW PRINCESS

#11 · (Edited)
If anything Kev, she ran her marks FASTER on three legs... She really looked happy to be back to work. It was pretty amazing watching the 2 of you, and an honor for all those who got to be there.

Kevin and Girl training Saturday

#13 ·
Those mean ol' Chessies!

#14 ·
Princess Troika (troika is a little three wheeled cart). I love the photos and your attitude! She is a sweetie, let her roll.

#16 ·
Princess Splash of Tripoli- heck i dont know but it just came to me good luck and thanks for the pics

#17 ·
I am a song name person

Three Times a Lady

#18 ·
Kevin, Jerry is right, yes that pains me to say that! I was there when she retrieved her first duck on a hunting trip in the swamps, by the way that was my duck she picked up first, and this nearly brought tears to my eyes to see how well she is doing. She is a good dog and friend and we all wish her well. I think your decision to fight this as well as work on her title is admirable. As long as she is up to it Dallie and I will will continue to train and hunt with you and Girl. I am glad she is doing well and hope to get her in the swamps again soon.

Jerry, those are awesome pictures that you posted! Thanks for taking the time to take them on training day. It is situations like this and people such as Kevin and yourself that make Yadkin River Waterfowl and Retriever club the best!

I am not very good with names either but I am still partial to "Girl Broke One Off In That Yelllow Dog"!!!!!! (refering to Jerry's avatar) Fitting for a Chessie, I think! Ya'll know I am just kidding!

Kevin and Girl; God Bless

#21 ·
First off thank you all for your suggestions and support. After kicking around a the name here and a few from other friends and family we went with "CANCER CAN'T SLOW THIS GIRL DOWN"

We are registered for the next two hunt tests in our area. If I don’t let her down she will title at our clubs hunt test on the 11th of November. She has been a joy to work just as much on three legs as she was on four.

Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.