The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: We Voted Today

Default We Voted Today

The election for POTUS is not a contest in our left wing state, so please, those of you in swing states need to get your ballots in!

But the rest of the ballot is mostly Regulate, Tax & Spend - Key races for Gov McKenna - Inslee, 1st Congressional District Koster - Del Bene, our preferences in Red - the rest of the races have some pretty sorry candidates & when neither passes muster we write in to be sure the election folks can't add a vote for their preferred candidate.

Issues - the usual - the dope smokers & those with alternate lifestyles want that codified so they have privileges - IOO no one should be special, we are all Americans - I had a boss in Engineering who was AA, who stated, "I consider it an insult that they think I can not make it on my own". BTW Blackstone, he was one of the most competent bosses I ever had . & though I did not know his politics I would venture he would not vote for the current POTUS.

For our children's sake & our Grandchildren also, I sincerely hope that the current POTUS is retired & our governorship changes parties. This would be the most conservative governor in my history of following elections in this state.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I live in IL, where the POTUS election is always determined by the big sucking financial black hole known as the City of Chicago. There's no real point in voting against the blue party in IL, your vote doesn't matter.
    But I do vote anyway, for the same reasons you do.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP DJ VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

I will vote today...early reports here in Clark County show that the turnout is about 5% higher than 08 and that the Dem turnout is higher than the Rep, but then again that is after two days of early voting

We have a US Senate seat up for grabs, it was the seat held by the R's, also have a US House seat up for grabs too, it too was held by the R's

lots at stake here besides our two electoral votes
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    The election for POTUS is not a contest in our left wing state, so please, those of you in swing states need to get your ballots in!

But the rest of the ballot is mostly Regulate, Tax & Spend - Key races for Gov McKenna - Inslee, 1st Congressional District Koster - Del Bene, our preferences in Red - the rest of the races have some pretty sorry candidates & when neither passes muster we write in to be sure the election folks can't add a vote for their preferred candidate.

Issues - the usual - the dope smokers & those with alternate lifestyles want that codified so they have privileges - IOO no one should be special, we are all Americans - I had a boss in Engineering who was AA, who stated, "I consider it an insult that they think I can not make it on my own". BTW Blackstone, he was one of the most competent bosses I ever had . & though I did not know his politics I would venture he would not vote for the current POTUS.

For our children's sake & our Grandchildren also, I sincerely hope that the current POTUS is retired & our governorship changes parties. This would be the most conservative governor in my history of following elections in this state.
    You were able to vote on a Sunday?
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    You were able to vote on a Sunday?
    We can mark our mail in ballots any day or hour of the week we want... now that said, can we get the US SNAIL to pick it up out of our mailboxes? I had outgoing mail still in my box at 6pm Sat night. My mail carrier now says they don't HAVE to p/u our mail if we have no incoming that day. Really, it's that much effort when you have 3 mailboxes 6" apart? I guess someone forgot to tell the govt employees who pays their wages and oh... those bennies that the rest of us self employed saps can't afford.

I think it's time to clean house in this WA too Marvin. Good way to spend a few minutes of this chilly rainy Mon afternoon now that you mention it. Anne
    Last edited by windycanyon; 10-22-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Just got done voting, cast my vote for Romney/Ryan, voted for Dean H for US Senate, and Tarkanian for Rep, BUT I also voted for the Libertarian candidate in another two offices and refused to vote for any other incumbents
    I feel good about voting not just in who I voted for but for the privilege of getting to vote in our great country
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Cast my Republican vote today. Proud to be an American!
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Texas early voting started today. 30 min. wait,. God bless the USA.