The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Final FTP Video

Default Final FTP Video

Ok, so I tried to video our last (hopefully depending on the feedback) our last FTP session before moving on. We stretched the pile out to about 100 yards and with no pressure here is the video. Please feel free to give any and all feedback.

Again, we are following Smartworks so we will soon move to mini pile with frozen birds, large bumpers and then move to 3 handed casting.

Thanks in advance!

Not sure how to make it flip over - dang Iphone!
    Last edited by rspringer; 10-27-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    Captain of Bobby's Boat call name COBB

can't open link!
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Brownstone's Harley- "Harley" 7/29/2009 (By CH Woodhull's Roger That)
    Maple Hill's Ella Enchanted- "Ella" 8/30/2011 (By FC AFC Land Ahoy)
    Good Idea's The Cutting Edge- "Edge" 9/29/2014 (Grady x Good Idea's Touch of Class)

Okay, first turn the phone horizontally and you should get the image you want. I hope!

Second, it looks like he has a nice attitude on "run to pile". What I'd like to see more of he how he does with "force to pile". Know what I mean?

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Okay, first turn the phone horizontally and you should get the image you want. I hope!

Second, it looks like he has a nice attitude on "run to pile". What I'd like to see more of he how he does with "force to pile". Know what I mean?

Evan
    \

HAHA, yes I know exactly what you mean. But, honestly there is no different in that video if I were to use pressure or not. He hasn't bugged on me one time. Its actually pretty awesome.

Also, just for record that was the first session that I didn't use pressure and all the results were the same.

Thought it was good. Yes the photo was upside down or something, but I managed. You should get a different response when you do use force or pressure. He should turn and go quicker to the pile. IHMO.
    When you say dead bird and before he goes, and if he is lined up looking where you want, cue him that he is right by saying "Good" or "Yes" or whatever you choose but be consistent so he will start looking out even better. IHMO Thanks for sharing. Good luck.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA

HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI

Metras's Hashtag Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lynn Metras View Post
    Thought it was good. Yes the photo was upside down or something, but I managed. You should get a different response when you do use force or pressure. He should turn and go quicker to the pile. IHMO.
    I agree. You should see some definitive change, even if it's small. Good post Mary Lynn.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile