The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: master national call backs

Flight B has about 40 to run still in 4th series in morning. Flights A and C have already started 5th. D starts first thing in morning
    Nicole

Trained by:
    AKC CH pointed USJ HR U-GRCH Fish Dog's Playing in the Kona Surf MH CGC "Kona"
    WindyCanyon's Don't Stop Believin JH " Journey"- Heathen in training
    Folly Hill's Crazy Train @ Triple Threat " Ozzy"
    www.triplethreatretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas D View Post
    Right or wrong, I think updating the callbacks on their website is the last thing on their mind. Too many dogs, too little help.
    I wonder why they didn't have a couple of teams of "standby judges" ready if the numbers warranted, as they did. With 6 flights, there would have been 120 dogs per flight instead of 180. The Black Warrior club routinely has 6 Master flights for a week-end test. Heck, they've had week-ends with 7 flights. There's a lot of land that's not being used and the Dept of Correction has an almost unlimited supply of bird boys.<g> IOW, all the MN club would have had to do is to have the judges ready in the event they were needed.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkAnsel View Post
    I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I think they're having difficulty accessing the internet at the test site. Twitter is a tool they need to look into using more for this event.
    They have a Twitter account and if I remember correctly they tweeted about the difficulties they were having uploading the callbacks with an apology and request for patience included. I think the post was on their Facebook site as well. Seems there is something that could be done though.

They have had no problems showing us pictures of people in lawn chairs. There is no excuse for not updating the Call backs. If they can't access the original call back file, they can create a new one. There are no excuses for this type of coverage.

There is a possibility you could be mixing the sites. RetrieverNews is taking most of the pictures and providing descriptions of the tests etc. Master National is in charge of callbacks. The link on RN for callbacks is connected to MN site callbacks. Thanks RetrieverNews for the excellent coverage.

I'm somewhat frustrated too, but like I said before, too many dogs, too few volunteers. I could be wrong but I don't think MN understands the interest in this event outside the event itself.

Just my observations from being there and now being home watching.
    Tom Dorroh

SOLUTION!!!!!

1. Call one of your Friends that is at the Master National.
    2. When the Gal comes out to do callbacks, she will be reading from a sheet of paper.
    3. Have your friend take that handy dandy cell phone out of their pocket and snap a pic of that piece of paper.
    4. Ask them to email you the picture
    5. You spend the next 10 minutes of your time creating a post of the Callbacks for that flight and post it on RTF.
    6. Then, Quit whining.... Your dog is probably out anyway so it doesn't really matter (just kidding!!)

I have to agree with Joby. The people updating the online site don't need to be at the test. All they need is a picture of the call back sheet and a system to allow them to update the website.

For next year, would be nice if the callback list included breed, sex, and birthdate.
    Kelly Cassidy (person)

HR Maple Cassidy CDX JH RE (golden retriever)
    Alder Cassidy CDX RE (standard poodle chipmunk chaser)
    plus whacked-out weird Burka (elderly mix-breed rescue girl)

700 entries x $300 entry. Very cheap prisoners. Volunteers should not be an excuse.
    Last edited by Ahinson; 10-27-2012 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Mistake

Wasn't it the same thing last year and the year before? Why do you think it would change? It's just part of the MN. They take care of the test and posting the callbacks is on the back burner. I'm afraid once they get behind two series, it will be impossible to figure out.

Today at 930am some updates were done.
    Tom Dorroh

No, I don't think it was this slow last year. I believe it was updated each night!