The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Iran Has 2.9 Million and the USA Only Has 120,000

Default Iran Has 2.9 Million and the USA Only Has 120,000

That would be vehicles powered by CNG (compressed natural gas).

It appears that the Iranians have a much better energy plan than us.

Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles and San Francisco are the only major metros with aggressive CNG programs for building CNG Filling Stations. Even my little town is getting ready to open its fouth CNG Filling Station(as well as one of the few cities wired with Fiber Optics).

Talk of energy independence is cheap. Action is what we need!
    http://www.pickensplan.com/news/2012...doesnt-the-us/
    Last edited by Franco; 10-24-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Yellow -Checker cab company here in Vegas runs on LNG...I know ABIII converted at least one of his vehicles to run on the stuff too
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Yellow -Checker cab company here in Vegas runs on LNG...I know ABIII converted at least one of his vehicles to run on the stuff too
    LNG is much more dangerous than CNG as it is more likely to explode. Our local Anheuser Busch distributor has their delivery fleet running on CNG.

All of which got me to thinking about job creation when talking to an old friend in New Orleans earlier in the day. She was complaining about the local economy there. That the town's only real industry today is tourism. Having spent 50 years there, I know how big tourism is but also recognize the limitations of being a one pony act.

In the 7 years that I've lived in Lafayette, La.(since Katrina) I am amazed at the amount of growth here in high paying jobs and how we dodged the slow down and housing crisis that came in 2009.

We did it inspite of a fumbling bumbling Federal Government. We have leaders with foresight. They recognized the opportunities in attracting high paying jobs by wiring the city with Fiber Optics. Our area, now known as Silicon Bayou has the ability to transfer huge files quickly, digitally. That has attracted both hospital support businesses as well as more oilfield buisnesses. And, with the ability of fleets to run at a much lower cost(CNG) than diesel, we are attaracting large transportation trucking firms and all the support jobs that keeps them running up and down the I-10 and I-49 corridors.

I guess my point is that municipalities have some control of their destiny and can be successful inspite of dysfunctional Federal Government!
    Last edited by Franco; 10-24-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

The exact number is more than 1 . Takes a big oblong tank which means a lot of lost space!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    The exact number is more than 1 . Takes a big oblong tank which means a lot of lost space!
    Honda builds a CNG powered Civic and the tank isn't any bigger than a gasoline tank with a CNG range of 200 miles. Our local Honda dealers are selling all they can get thier hands on because compared to gasoline, CNG is around $1.80 a gallon. T Boone thinks the price will lower as the emerging industry reached a certain critical mass.

Also, consider energy independence; if we are to lower our 16TRILLION deficit, one important step is to quit exporting dollars to the mideast. We can be energy independent in a few short years with the right energy policy!
    Last edited by Franco; 10-24-2012 at 10:44 PM.

I stand corrected...Yellow Checker runs their vehicles on LPG aka Propane...I think thats what ABIII has too, at least thats what was in the tanks at the Montana property
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I stand corrected...Yellow Checker runs their vehicles on LPG aka Propane...I think thats what ABIII has too, at least thats what was in the tanks at the Montana property
    Yeah, I wondered how they were getting permission to use LNG as it's so dangerous that the ships that transport it generally aren't allowed in ports but have to load and off load at offshore terminals.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com