RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Horners Syndrome

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Prairie Hill's 
#1 ·
Hi all looking for anyone who's dog has ever been diagnosed with Horners syndrome. Has anyone went through all the diagnostics (testing) and what was the outcome in the long run.

Thanks for any information in advance. My golden boy of 11years was diagnosed. :(

#3 ·
It really depends on if it's primary or secondary. My 14 year old golden developed it, but it turned out to be secondary to a brain tumor, which caused him to pass on about 8 weeks later.
I board a labrador retriever who was diagnosed with it, has had it for about 4 years, and is otherwise fine.
So I do think it's worth finding out the underlying cause, if there is one.
here's a good article. One thing of interest is that 90% of the cases are middle age or older golden retrievers.

http://www.eyevet.ca/horner.html

#4 ·
Thank you all. I had everything checked by the University of Madison; no cancer, no clots, nothing but an eye infection and some dry eye.

I am so grateful I checked. It is officially diagnosed as Horners Syndrome-Idiopathic.

Antibiotic for the next week and medication for the rest of his life to help the dry eye. Hopefully my Boy will be comfortable soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.