The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Undecided???

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Buzz : there was a time that I honestly thought you were yanking everyones chain with your contrarian views, but you have finally convinced me that you are so anti R, that if Hillary were to suddenly bolt and run as an a Republican , you would not only disown her but treat her with the same disdain you do for all things R....what ever deep seated hatred you have for the R party is your business, I will therefore limit my discussions with you to dog training since your hatred makes it difficult if not impossible to have any dialogue at all when it comes to politics

I have many conservative views.

I am against abortion.
    I am against gun control.
    I am against running huge deficits when the economy is strong.
    I think that programs that profess to help the poor need to be completely re-tooled, but I believe that government has a role to play.
    I think that there are many regulations that are misguided and counter productive.
    I hate crony capitalism, and it really burns my butt to see competitors make use of government funding to compete with me when we do everything on our own dime.

But I am a firm believer in social security and medicare. I see payroll taxes as the government forcing folks to take responsibility for funding themselves in old age to a minimum extent so they are not a burden on the rest of us. It is a burden on them that conservatives don't seem to want to give them credit for, you know that 48%. And I don't think it should be privatized, it should not be handled by Wall Street, that is recipe for disaster. The losses taken by folks in the last meltdown should be a shining example.

And, based on what I learned from my economics professor in college, Romney/Ryan scare the daylights out of me. And I lived Romney's vision for sending manufacturing off shore. I helped move factories, and it totally changed my perspective. I used to view it as something that had to be done to keep us in the game. I was wrong, and I am very sorry that I ever participated in it... I think the economy does best when everyone does well, and I think that the vast division between the rich and poor is hurting us.

I can't understand how the recent transformation by Romney doesn't turn your stomach. If Romney believes that the country would buy what he was selling just a month ago, and what he peddles in private, why the change? It appeals to me as dishonesty on a grand scale.

I think you're right, we should stick to dogs. I have folks try and engage me in political talk at field trials and I stay away from it. I am there to enjoy the fruits of my labor, not argue with folks whose minds are made up.
    Last edited by Buzz; 10-26-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Still havent made up my mind
    Not very thrilled with my choices either

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

I am against abortion.
    I think that programs that profess to help the poor need to be completely re-tooled, but I believe that government has a role to play.
    I think that there are many regulations that are misguided and counter productive.
    I hate crony capitalism, and it really burns my butt to see competitors make use of government funding to compete with me when we do everything on our own dime.

But I am a firm believer in social security and medicare. I see payroll taxes as the government forcing folks to take responsibility for funding themselves in old age to a minimum extent so they are not a burden on the rest of us. It is a burden on them that conservatives don't seem to want to give them credit for, you know that 48%. And I don't think it should be privatized, it should not be handled by Wall Street, that is recipe for disaster. The losses taken by folks in the last meltdown should be a shining example.

And, based on what I learned from my economics professor in college, Romney/Ryan scare the daylights out of me. And I lived Romney's vision for sending manufacturing off shore. I helped move factories, and it totally changed my perspective. I used to view it as something that had to be done to keep us in the game. I was wrong, and I am very sorry that I ever participated in it... I think the economy does best when everyone does well, and I think that the vast division between the rich and poor is hurting us.

I can't understand how the recent transformation by Romney doesn't turn your stomach. If Romney believes that the country would buy what he was selling just a month ago, and what he peddles in private, why the change? It appeals to me as dishonesty on a grand scale.

I think you're right, we should stick to dogs. I have folks try and engage me in political talk at field trials and I stay away from it. I am there to enjoy the fruits of my labor, not argue with folks whose minds are made up.
    I suppose I have one question for you based on your LSOS comment....Do you somehow think that Obama is not a LSOS?

Does the fact that the Obama administration sacrificed the lives of four of our fellow Americans in Benghazi have any bearing on your vote?

I would be interested in what you all think.

http://www.moneynews.com/Outbrain/Ob...source=taboola
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post

That website is a product of NewsMax/Dick Morris. Morris' percription for selling ads on his website is in attracting readers by being as outrageous as possible and feeding on people's fears.

With that said, I do think we are headed for a financial meltdown largely due to the fact that neither party is capable of letting the dollar find its own value. The USSR fell because they couldn't determine the price of bread and as long as we allow a central bank to determine the value of the dollar, it is doomed. No longer do we allow market forces and real capitalism determine what happens with our dollar and economy. We have lived off of fiat moneyfor so long now that politicians have lost sight of what real money is.
    The meltdown of late 2008 should have been the wakeup call for Americans. Apparently most are not interested.

Both Presidential candidates are making economic promises that they won't be able to deliver on. But, it sounds good and that is all most Americans care about today.

Broncos vs Saints Sunday Night @ Mile High(my two favorite QB's playing), whats your prediction?
    Last edited by Franco; 10-26-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

I am against abortion.

Buzz - I will add to your I am against list

I am against the government deciding who the winners & losers will be -
    I am against government engaging in private enterprise -
    I am against the government stealing the opporunity for someone to be a success on their own initiative -
    I am against the government rewarding behavior that is not good for the country -

I believe that there should be a choice in SS to go partially private for some income levels - I do not believe someone who is making minimum wage is probably sophisticated enough to deal with the market, but I do believe that someone inputting the maximum contribution should be & should have that option - Though at times you make me wonder . As for losses in the last meltdown - it was a buying opportunity & our portfolio shows it - if only the government would get out of the way it would be even greater -

If you were as close to the governemnt as I am as a spectator you would see that there is a privleged class being created & they are called government employees - & that is not good for the country. As for the division of rich & poor, it's always been there, though I believe there are many company heads who are vastly overpaid - but that is the shareholders fault - I also believe that the directors of many of these companies would make the political class look like saints (Franco - that's not NO Saints )

What I do believe is that we have a serious debt problem in this country & until it is addressed we are screwed - we know the present administration is not capable of that level of sophistication - So there needs to be a change .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That website is a product of NewsMax/Dick Morris. Morris' percription for selling ads on his website is in attracting readers by being as outrageous as possible and feeding on people's fears.

With that said, I do think we are headed for a financial meltdown largely due to the fact that neither party is capable of letting the dollar find its own value. The USSR fell because they couldn't determine the price of bread and as long as we allow a central bank to determine the value of the dollar, it is doomed. No longer do we allow market forces and real capitalism determine what happens with our dollar and economy. We have lived off of fiat moneyfor so long now that politicians have lost sight of what real money is.
    The meltdown of late 2008 should have been the wakeup call for Americans. Apparently most are not interested.

Both Presidential candidates are making economic promises that they won't be able to deliver on. But, it sounds good and that is all most Americans care about today.

Broncos vs Saints Sunday Night @ Mile High(my two favorite QB's playing), whats your prediction?
    franco

thanks!

I thought that web site had something to do with Dick Morris!..
    Scary article either way though.

the gold standard is what I have been led to believe is the answer.. I did invest in a small amout about ten yrs ago. It has done well.

I still dont understand though,, how gold will be of any help, if the dollar truely is worthless..

Will there not be commerce? and what goods will be available to barter/ purchase with the gold..

I believe past entrepenuers used bad times as a bargain opportunity for capital investment... I think I would rather eat,, and have water to drink myself..

ANNNNYYYYWAAAAYYYYYYY!

I dont like Payton Manning... I never have... I kinda,, in a sick way,, route for the J- E- T- S - jets, jets, jets, now!

And I hate to say this,,, The Radiers!! ( i cant beleive I said that!)

My prediction? NO saints 27,, Broncos 24

Gooser
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 10-26-2012 at 10:00 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post

Gloom & Doom always sells - I get at least 3 or 4 offers a year - Remember this, if the country as a whole turns to crap, regardless of what your investment is it won't be worth much. During the great depression my grandpa, an immigrant with a 2nd grade education, did not like the looks of banks so invested his money in T-bills. He told me "had he known he was going to live so long he would have owned 1/2 the county". T-bills is not the place to be today .

I really do not like the level of debt, it goes without saying it is unsustainable. Until the government gets their nose out of it & especially this bunch, all of us are screwed.

There is a reason investors like companies that have little or no debt - they usually survive - the ones with debt become iffy - but that's where the greatest profit potential lies -

The gold thing - as I told franco on another post - there are strategic minerals that have the same profit potential - BE & TI are good examples - but some gold is fine - we missed the profit on the runup because our gold horse ran like a claimer - if it ever goes down we'll stick with ETF's so we don't have to pick a winner - will someone trying to feed his family trade what he has for your gold? just things to think about .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Gloom & Doom always sells - I get at least 3 or 4 offers a year - Remember this, if the country as a whole turns to crap, regardless of what your investment is it won't be worth much. During the great depression my grandpa, an immigrant with a 2nd grade education, did not like the looks of banks so invested his money in T-bills. He told me "had he known he was going to live so long he would have owned 1/2 the county". T-bills is not the place to be today .

I really do not like the level of debt, it goes without saying it is unsustainable. Until the government gets their nose out of it & especially this bunch, all of us are screwed.

There is a reason investors like companies that have little or no debt - they usually survive - the ones with debt become iffy - but that's where the greatest profit potential lies -

The gold thing - as I told franco on another post - there are strategic minerals that have the same profit potential - BE & TI are good examples - but some gold is fine - we missed the profit on the runup because our gold horse ran like a claimer - if it ever goes down we'll stick with ETF's so we don't have to pick a winner - will someone trying to feed his family trade what he has for your gold? just things to think about .

Prolly not!!,,, But what I would hope,, is that a perveyor of preparedness, might just have a stock pile a PoP TARTS,, and will be willing to part with a package or two,, just to get me through.. he can always THEN use that Gold he traded for to find more POP TARTS to replace the ones he sold to me!!

Is my thinkin as screwed up as usual??

I do agree,, debt is a HORRIBLE thing,, for ANYONE or ANY entity..

Gooser

P. S.

I just thought! Who the he!! will be makin POP TARTS!!!

Folks,,, we gotta get this thing Fixed!!!

Gooser