The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Last frozen semen of Gentle Ben

Default Last frozen semen of Gentle Ben

Sunday afternoon I had the privilege of observing the final breeding of GRHRCH Gator Point's Magnum Gentle Ben MH QAA to GRHRCH Baby Blue's One Hot Moma MH "Diva" at Greene, Lewis and Associates in Folsom, La. Dr. Barry Strickland did the surgery and placed one half of the thawed semen into each of Diva's rosey pink uterine horns. This is the almost exact procedure from last year, using GRHRCH Dakota's Cajun Roux's frozen semen that produced 13 beautiful pups.

Ben has produced so many talented Chocolate dogs over the years and it saddens me that this will be the last of his breedings. I had this privilege as Mandy Cieslinski, Diva's owner, was running Cajun HRC's test that weekend and she allowed me to take care of the breeding. Diva is one of the most talented dogs that Ben has been bred to and is a love of a house guest to boot!

Mandy's taking over the Gator Point name and blood line gives Cleo and me so much pleasure in continuing the program that we spent the last 31 years building. Mandy is so dedicated and talented and we know she will take the line to even greater heights.
    'Show up for work, do the best job you can and treat others the way you would like to be treated'

Bill, I am sure this is a bittersweet and heartfelt moment for you and Cleo.....You both have contributed so much to the breed and to all of us here at RTF and all the owners of all your wonderful dogs. Thank You so much and God Bless.

Earlene

That is neat that you were able to be there! Good luck!
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    Embers Aint Misbehavin - Flirt (Corona's mini me)

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

Saw Ben run many a time. Man, what a dog.

Best wishes to you and Cleo friend...

Richard
    SHOOT EM' IN THE LIPS..........

HRCH Otter Sloughs Bronze Gander " Gander"
    TTF Duck Sloughs Make Mine a Double "Shooter"

www.ducksloughkennel.com

Romans 8:28