The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new and could use some help !

The Buckeye Retriever Club is just one of many retriever clubs that train and test in the Camden Ohio area. http://www.buckeyeretrieverclub.com/

Lots of very knowledgeable and experienced folks involved with that club that would love to point you in the right direction.

"Sound like you are doing your home work. As far as chocolate's are concerned, I would be looking for some black factor ( Tilted ) within the first three generations."

Note: The chocolate gene is color only. Does not have any effect on the rest of the dog. ie. nose.

Also since black is the dominant gene all chocolates are "black factored"

Randy
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds!!

Avatar courtesy of RTF"s TZAPPIA

I would go with an established and reputable breeder. For my puppy, Rowdy, I chose Castile Creek Kennels. At the same time I liked the Fargo line for marking. Originally I was thinking of Merlyn but changed my mind after talking with Lyle Steinman. Then I started looking at the dam and picked the best one I could afford. Castile Creek Kennels is near Kansas City, Mo. He has a website and he has a puppy page which will give you an ideal of some future breeding and there qualifications.
    There are lots of good breeders and you can get some recommendations on this site.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by Rnd View Post
    The Buckeye Retriever Club is just one of many retriever clubs that train and test in the Camden Ohio area. http://www.buckeyeretrieverclub.com/

Lots of very knowledgeable and experienced folks involved with that club that would love to point you in the right direction.

"Sound like you are doing your home work. As far as chocolate's are concerned, I would be looking for some black factor ( Tilted ) within the first three generations."

Note: The chocolate gene is color only. Does not have any effect on the rest of the dog. ie. nose.

Also since black is the dominant gene all chocolates are "black factored"

Randy
    This is right in general;

In my experience, you can get into trouble with Chocolate,s when dealing with smaller kennels. Where the line is not thought out

Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
    This is right in general;

In my experience, you can get into trouble with Chocolate,s when dealing with smaller kennels. Where the line is not thought out
    Chilts are coming into their own and doing very well don't count out the brown dog! No Probs with my chit female...
    JMDAO
    Chris
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Brownstone's Harley- "Harley" 7/29/2009 (By CH Woodhull's Roger That)
    Maple Hill's Ella Enchanted- "Ella" 8/30/2011 (By FC AFC Land Ahoy)

[QUOTE=Chris Videtto;1026855]Chilts are coming into their own and doing very well don't count out the brown dog! No Probs with my chit female...
    JMDAO
    Chris[/QUOT

Guess, all I am saying is that, Chocolate's HAVE A SMALLER GEN POOL, Don't get butt hurt.

[QUOTE=truthseeker;1026879]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Videtto View Post
    Chilts are coming into their own and doing very well don't count out the brown dog! No Probs with my chit female...
    JMDAO
    Chris[/QUOT

Guess, all I am saying is that, Chocolate's HAVE A SMALLER GEN POOL, Don't get butt hurt.
    This is true in general; Chocolates were culled from the litters until about 1940 ish.

However chocolates can be traced back to " Bucclecuch Avon" England 1885.
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds!!

Avatar courtesy of RTF"s TZAPPIA

thanks everyone this is great info , and the true reason i came to this forum ! thanks for responding and being so helpfull and for some of the guys that have pm ed i cant respond back yet need 10 posts 5 more to go !