Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever I am eating that meal

• Other

Diet Type?

5K views 30 replies 28 participants last post by  suepuff 
#1 ·
Chris Atkinson had started a thread on BARF diets and so I am going to give this Poll thing a try. What do RTF members feed? Starting out the poll with ProPlan Large Breed Puppy. Anything else is too much work or mess! :microwave:

#3 ·
Black Gold Premium Dog Food. The owner is a hound field trial enthusiast and judge. Thisis the most popular food among working Bloodhound owners. It was originally developped with their needs in mind.

When the California legislature was looking at banning hunting with dogs, Black Gold was the only dog food company to act against it.

They advertise in RFTN.

http://www.blackgolddogfood.com

#4 ·
Diamond Premium.....from 8 weeks on.....like the way it doesn't let them outgrow their bone structure and coats stay shiney.

Nazdrowie............. :drinking:

#6 ·
Morning Meal . . . one cup of Purina O.N.E. (or Purina PRO if the store is out of Purina O.N.E.)

Afternoon Meal . . . 2-3 cups of BARF - raw chicken/turkey meat, fat and bones, cooked rice, vegetables, fruit . . . deer meat in season

Snacks . . . Homemade Whole Wheat Garlic Dog Biscuits

Debbie

#9 ·
Pro Plan, and homemade dog cookies, plus any leftovers from the fridge. Also any apple peelings, fruit or stuff from prepairing supper. Coats look great and they have lots of energy.
Margo

G
#10 ·
Pro Plan (performance, adult and puppy)

BTW Labdoc, our repro vet discussed with us at one of our last breedings some interesting info they found on barf diets at the last repro convention in colorado (actually probably the one before the last one, which would have taken place last month).

She said that studies found that puppies raised on barf, from bitches fed barf, had serious abnormalities and problems with malnutrition. She was going over with us several of the major things she had learned at the conference, and that was one of them. I haven't read Chris's thread on barf (I don't even remember seeing it), so some of this may or may not have been discussed there....

-Kristie

#11 ·
Briezy eats ProPlan Performance, Lucy and the "pet dogs" eat Purina ONE.

If there is any left over meat, usually chicken, they also get a little bit of that - but 99.9% of their diet is Purina. They also get 2 small dog milkbones per day.

Andy

#16 ·
Eagle Senior- ! cup a.m 1 cup p.m

M

#17 ·
Pro Plan Performance w/ warm water. Bull eats it dry as soon as he gets healed up. Like Dan, I fed lots of Diamond, but my wife couldn't stand how odiferous Da Bull became, so we switched back to Purina.

UB...and to think I attributed the Polocks flatulance to beer and brats. Bet he's dippin' into that Diamond bag. :lol: :lol: :lol:

#18 ·
Innova kibble.

#19 ·
1. Young dog...Eukanuba large breed puppy, then Euk Performance but he
did not like it so recently switched to Pro Plan Performance

2. Middle dog Iams Lamb and rice but I may change, his coat is dull and dry looking

3. Old Dog (11 1/2) Pro-Plan Senior

I would be interested to know if anyone has any suggestions regarding a dull dry looking coat? He is 4 years old but is not being worked at the moment...appears to be perfectly healthy.

#22 ·
FOr that dry coat question: flax seed oil - take capsule - stick a pin it in and squeeze the oil onto food - every other day or so - only took about 2-3 times until my pup's coat was bright and shiny again - his black coat had gone grey and flakey ---- it looked awful and the flax seed oil did wonders!

#26 ·
Diet Type

Four Dogs, Three diets! Two Boykin Spaniels with more health problems than I want, Modified BARF: Nutro Nat. Choice Lamb and Rice Kibble, raw meat, cooked brown rice, raw or lightly steamed veggies, yogurt, nuts, vit. supplements.

One Lab, Eukanuba large breed High Performance. Other Lab Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice, (suspected allergy issues with Chicken).

When I am away from home I leave a menu :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.