The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iowa Register Endorses Romney

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Several weeks ago, week drove to the Great Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field for the Saints game. We turned a 6 hr. drive into 9 hours by taking the scenic back roads to see the fall leaves. We were very surprised that, even in all the small towns we drove through, the Obama signs outnumbered Romney easily 10-1. (did you drive thru Madison?) I'm pretty sure that Wisconsin is not going 10 to 1 for Obama. At least, if roadkill has his way.

just sayin'

JS
    Uhhhhhhh....excuse me, you came to Lambeau to see the PACKERS GAME!!!!!

Just sayin'............
    Stan b & Elvis

Is that a good thing or a bad thing??

Here is a list of candidates they have endorsed:

• 1980 ... Carter (2nd term ... lost)
    • 1984 ... Mondale (lost)
    • 1988 ... Dukakis (lost)
    • 2000 ... Gore (lost)
    • 2004 ... Kerry (lost)

Good newspaper but not good oddsmakers.

Among the winners they have endorsed:

• Nixon (resigned to avoid impeachment)
    • Clinton (impeached, though acquitted)
    JS

AND....I suspect Obama, that SHOULD be impeached, but hopefully will get thrown out of office. It's just gotta make Michelle sooooo proud to be American.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Uhhhhhhh....excuse me, you came to Lambeau to see the PACKERS GAME!!!!!

Just sayin'............
    I stand corrected. But it almost WAS a Saints game! Anyway, the leaves were gorgeous and the Lienie was cold.

And thank you Uncle Bill, for that valuable contribution. Since it came from you, I can be sure it is factual.

Glad to have you on the "other side" regards,

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I'm still puzzled about how the Ds get away with calling Romney a flip-flopper. Wasn't it Obama that was against gay marriage until he was for it? Wasn't it Obama who was against waiving the Stafford Act for New Orleans (voting against it in the Senate), until he was in favor of it? (in front of the crowd where he praised Rev. Wright)

You say you are puzzled that people could call Romney a flip=flopper?

to be clear are you talking about MITT ROMNEY?

The same Mitt Romney who was a liberal as Mass Gov? The same Mitt Romney who claimed to be the most Conservative of all the candidates during the Republican primary? The same Mitt Romney who since wrapping up the R nomination has steadily moved more towards a more moderate position?

Are you referring to the Mitt Romney who constantly rails against Obamcare { Which is modeled after Romneycare} , yet as Gov of Mass felt it was a great model for the entire U.S.A. You do remember Santorum saying during the primaries that Mitt Romney was not only the last of the Rebublican candidates that would have any credibility to criticize Obamacare; but that he was the last man alive that would have any credibility in attacking Obamacare?

Are you referring to the Mitt Romney who constantly criticized Obamas entire foreign policy. Did you witness the last debate? Im referring to the foreign policy debate when Mitt Romney basically endorsed and supported most every part of Obamas foreign policy.

If you need some more things you may want to look up his various positions on such thing as
    Abortion Rights
    Social Security Privatization
    The importance of hunting down & bringing to justice Osama Bin Laden
    Gun Control
    Immigration Amnesty
    Minimum Wage
    Stem Cell Research
    Man made Global Warming
    Roe v Wade
    Captal Gains taxes
    Dont ask Don't Tell
    Health Care Mandates
    Govt Stimulus
    Campaign Spending Limits
    Whether or not he felt a desire to serve his country in the Vietnam War

Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    You say you are puzzled that people could call Romney a flip=flopper?

to be clear are you talking about MITT ROMNEY?

The same Mitt Romney who was a liberal as Mass Gov? The same Mitt Romney who claimed to be the most Conservative of all the candidates during the Republican primary? The same Mitt Romney who since wrapping up the R nomination has steadily moved more towards a more moderate position?

Are you referring to the Mitt Romney who constantly rails against Obamcare { Which is modeled after Romneycare} , yet as Gov of Mass felt it was a great model for the entire U.S.A. You do remember Santorum saying during the primaries that Mitt Romney was not only the last of the Rebublican candidates that would have any credibility to criticize Obamacare; but that he was the last man alive that would have any credibility in attacking Obamacare?

Are you referring to the Mitt Romney who constantly criticized Obamas entire foreign policy. Did you witness the last debate? Im referring to the foreign policy debate when Mitt Romney basically endorsed and supported most every part of Obamas foreign policy.

If you need some more things you may want to look up his various positions on such thing as
    Abortion Rights
    Social Security Privatization
    The importance of hunting down & bringing to justice Osama Bin Laden
    Gun Control
    Immigration Amnesty
    Minimum Wage
    Stem Cell Research
    Man made Global Warming
    Roe v Wade
    Captal Gains taxes
    Dont ask Don't Tell
    Health Care Mandates
    Govt Stimulus
    Campaign Spending Limits
    Whether or not he felt a desire to serve his country in the Vietnam War
    Politics in this country are no longer about substance as much as it is about looks/TV appearence and campaign slogans. That is all 80% of the voting public is interested in! If the public were really interested, we wouldn't have the candidates we do running for POTUS.

On anther note; Sirius/XM re-aired the debate hosted by Larry King with the other candidates running for POTUS on the POTUS Politics channel. That was more revealing and interesting than all the Obama/Romney canned debates combined! One can probably find it on youtube.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

For what its worth, I still have yet to see an Obama campaign sign in the Florida Pan Handle. I'm sure glad I live down here. No Obama fans here. If Obama had his way we'd be hunting ducks with sticks. He's always been a advocate for Gun Control.
    Last edited by gman0046; 10-29-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Posted by Smillerdvm - my replies in red

Abortion Rights - the majority of citizens support limited rights including rape & incest
    Social Security Privatization - any young person who does not support this in some version is not very smart
    The importance of hunting down & bringing to justice Osama Bin Laden - the seals took care of that issue
    Gun Control - At the least he did not rent a costume from Sears for a photo op
    Immigration Amnesty - it's a serious issue
    Minimum Wage - not a decision government should be making
    Stem Cell Research - what's your position?
    Man made Global Warming - an opportunity to grow crops further north -
    Roe v Wade - see abortion
    Captal Gains taxes - when one makes an investment there should be a risk reward ratio
    Dont ask Don't Tell - ever served your country - no normal male wants someone of the same sex coveting their junk
    Health Care Mandates - the 1st mistake was mandating treatment for all who arrived
    Govt Stimulus - stimulating one's political crony's
    Campaign Spending Limits- I believe Citizen's United leveled that field
    Whether or not he felt a desire to serve his country in the Vietnam War - the D's war

You're obviously a lefty, so what state are you from?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

Social Security Privatization - any young person who does not support this in some version is not very smart

Marvin, you have way more faith in the average American to manage his/her retirement investments than I do. On another thread you mentioned that you viewed the recent meltdown as a buying opportunity. So did I. In fact I had about 2 years of retirement investment cash laying around to invest because I felt very nervous about the markets. That amounted to 25% of my income for 2 years. Needless to say, I did VERY well. My bet is that most people sold into the free fall, and then were too nervous to invest when it was near the bottom. Human nature is to buy high flying stocks and sell when things look grave. I struggle to fight that tendency myself even though I know its wrong...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

Abortion Rights - the majority of citizens support limited rights including rape & incest
    The importance of hunting down & bringing to justice Osama Bin Laden - the seals took care of that issue
    Gun Control - At the least he did not rent a costume from Sears for a photo op
    Immigration Amnesty - it's a serious issue
    Minimum Wage - not a decision government should be making
    Stem Cell Research - what's your position?
    Man made Global Warming - an opportunity to grow crops further north -
    Roe v Wade - see abortion
    Captal Gains taxes - when one makes an investment there should be a risk reward ratio
    Dont ask Don't Tell - ever served your country - no normal male wants someone of the same sex coveting their junk
    Health Care Mandates - the 1st mistake was mandating treatment for all who arrived
    Govt Stimulus - stimulating one's political crony's
    Campaign Spending Limits- I believe Citizen's United leveled that field
    Whether or not he felt a desire to serve his country in the Vietnam War - the D's war

You're obviously a lefty, so what state are you from?
    Marvin, I think Smiller's post was not intended to point out anyone's position on those issues but rather to point out where the governor has made a complete reversal of position from what he stated when talking to Republicans throughout the year and what he began to say once the presidential debates began. It's all on record.

BTW, back on the topic of this thread, here is a link to an interesting piece from Gov. Romney's hometown newspaper. Maybe it's old news but I just wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to see it ... I didn't notice it being brought up here. Maybe I missed it.

JS

Edit: OK, so I didn't post the link. Here it is, not that anyone is interested. No one asked.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion...ident.html.csp
    Last edited by JS; 10-30-2012 at 12:54 PM.
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Marvin, I think Smiller's post was not intended to point out anyone's position on those issues but rather to point out where the governor has made a complete reversal of position from what he stated when talking to Republicans throughout the year and what he began to say once the presidential debates began. It's all on record.

BTW, back on the topic of this thread, here is a link to an interesting piece from Gov. Romney's hometown newspaper. Maybe it's old news but I just wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to see it ... I didn't notice it being brought up here. Maybe I missed it.

JS
    I think the good doctor's intentions are clear. I really don't see anyone on the left scrutinize the president like they have other candidates. Its so bad it's not even funny!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl