The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iowa Register Endorses Romney

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Marvin, you have way more faith in the average American to manage his/her retirement investments than I do. On another thread you mentioned that you viewed the recent meltdown as a buying opportunity. So did I. In fact I had about 2 years of retirement investment cash laying around to invest because I felt very nervous about the markets. That amounted to 25% of my income for 2 years. Needless to say, I did VERY well. My bet is that most people sold into the free fall, and then were too nervous to invest when it was near the bottom. Human nature is to buy high flying stocks and sell when things look grave. I struggle to fight that tendency myself even though I know its wrong...
    IMO - there should be more than 1 option - I stated on a previous post that the minimum wage folks should stay in this system as it is geared to their maximum benefit but there are those who are capable of managing their own finances that should be allowed to do so, with certain restrictions - the main one being no withdrawals.

In the dotcom meltdown I was gaining about 12/15% a year while many who were clients of a planner who ran dogs managed to lose up to 75% of their principal & it has not come back. After talking about those returns for a short time, I just shut up, people don't like to be reminded how stupid they are . The darlings of that era MSFT, CSCO, Sun, Oracle - what's their return 02-12?

Risk - reward ratio is a good way to stay away from high flyers - Unless the potential exists for a 10 bagger the stock is overpriced - speaking of growth stocks - a stock paying a reasonable dividend that can double is probably fairly safe also.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Marvin, I think Smiller's post was not intended to point out anyone's position on those issues but rather to point out where the governor has made a complete reversal of position from what he stated when talking to Republicans throughout the year and what he began to say once the presidential debates began. It's all on record.

BTW, back on the topic of this thread, here is a link to an interesting piece from Gov. Romney's hometown newspaper. Maybe it's old news but I just wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to see it ... I didn't notice it being brought up here. Maybe I missed it.

JS

Edit: OK, so I didn't post the link. Here it is, not that anyone is interested. No one asked.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion...ident.html.csp
    I am aware of the dvm's intent or at least I thought so. I just felt he was throwing a lot of BS into the wind hoping something would stick. I was just pointing out that many of his posts were non-issues due to changed circumstances. As for RMoney changing positions - that's what business people do. & how is the MSM doing these days, maybe they could stand a little of Mitt's wisdom on things related to running a successful business.

As for vague, who cares, things will be changed as they go through the process so why take grief over something that's not going to happen. My previous post to Buzz is one of those Ryan issues - our discussion has made me flesh out what I had normally placed in a soundbite .

RMoney was not my 1st choice, but he has run a sound campaign & I am looking forward to him being POTUS .

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Marvin, I think Smiller's post was not intended to point out anyone's position on those issues but rather to point out where the governor has made a complete reversal of position from what he stated when talking to Republicans throughout the year and what he began to say once the presidential debates began. It's all on record.

BTW, back on the topic of this thread, here is a link to an interesting piece from Gov. Romney's hometown newspaper. Maybe it's old news but I just wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to see it ... I didn't notice it being brought up here. Maybe I missed it.

JS

Edit: OK, so I didn't post the link. Here it is, not that anyone is interested. No one asked.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion...ident.html.csp
    Jack you are correct. I wasn't looking for comments on positions or pointing out Mr Romneys position on any of these issues. Rather I was responding to Gerry Clinchy's post claiming he couldnt understand how anybody could refer to Romney as a flip-flopper. It is very difficult to decide what Mr Romney's position is as on these issues I mentioned {and there are many more} he has taken stances on both sides of the issues.
    I would think that of the issues I cited more than one ore two of them would be important to virtually every (Objective, thinking) voter; regardless of affiliation

I saw your post earlier and noticed your link wasn't there, then came back to it after perusing the other forums.
    I actually didn't think that would be the link you cited. I was guessing that your link would be to a debate when he was running for Mass. Governor. when he was challenged by his female opponent on his propensity to change positions and specifically his committment to womens unfettered right to choose. In that debate Mr Romney got incensed at his opponent for questioning his comittment to womens right to choose & assured everyone that his comittment to Abortion rights went to his very core and would NEVER CHANGE.
    I hadn't seen the endorsement by the Salt Lake newspaper, and will admit I was quite surprised by it.

I will be interested in others on POTUS comments on your link as well as comments on Mr Romneys differing positions on so many positions. I would hope they will stick to reasonable discussion and stick to the facts

Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    Jack you are correct. I wasn't looking for comments on positions or pointing out Mr Romneys position on any of these issues. Rather I was responding to Gerry Clinchy's post claiming he couldnt understand how anybody could refer to Romney as a flip-flopper. It is very difficult to decide what Mr Romney's position is as on these issues I mentioned {and there are many more} he has taken stances on both sides of the issues.
    I would think that of the issues I cited more than one ore two of them would be important to virtually every (Objective, thinking) voter; regardless of affiliation

I saw your post earlier and noticed your link wasn't there, then came back to it after perusing the other forums.
    I actually didn't think that would be the link you cited. I was guessing that your link would be to a debate when he was running for Mass. Governor. when he was challenged by his female opponent on his propensity to change positions and specifically his committment to womens unfettered right to choose. In that debate Mr Romney got incensed at his opponent for questioning his comittment to womens right to choose & assured everyone that his comittment to Abortion rights went to his very core and would NEVER CHANGE.
    I hadn't seen the endorsement by the Salt Lake newspaper, and will admit I was quite surprised by it.

I will be interested in others on POTUS comments on your link as well as comments on Mr Romneys differing positions on so many positions. I would hope they will stick to reasonable discussion and stick to the facts
    Just because one person may not like what another person posts does not mean it is not facts through the posters perception.

Perception is reality.

For an example, it is my perception that Obama is anti gay marriage.
    Proving that one cadidates "evolution" is another's "flip flop."

Another example;
    The 9-11-12 attack in Bengahzi was due to a youtube video.
    Proving one man's perception differs greatly from EVERYONE ELSES!!!!

Just sayin'............
    Last edited by road kill; 10-30-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Say it isn't so--a flip floppin politician??

smillerdvm: RE- Gerry--I'm pretty sure SHE has a very well educated opinions on issues you listed, in particular the politics of the "war on women"(a term libs are so fond of--yet they a** kiss the Islamists (Muslim Brotherhood anyone?)--KNOWN for its peace and tolerance and fair treatment of women?!--please note the push to change the age from 13 to NINE for forced marriages is one of those tolerant, peace loving nations) I'm sure its just a first time "Fluke"?

Hopefully Iowa goes Red. I need to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    yet they a** kiss the Islamists (Muslim Brotherhood anyone?)--KNOWN for its peace and tolerance and fair treatment of women?!--please note the push to change the age from 13 to NINE for forced marriages is one of those tolerant, peace loving nations) I'm sure its just a first time "Fluke"?
    Nancy - good way to present the facts really

Marvin S

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post

Hopefully Iowa goes Red. I need to move.
    You're welcome to Iowa regardless, Pals. (you CAN throw a duck, right?)

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON