The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: training dvd

Default training dvd

what training dvd is good to get i think im gonna get hillman puppy dvd but what is a good ff and cc dvd to go by
    or should i go with hillman all the way

If you train your pup according to Hillmann's Puppy DVD, there are several advantages to using Hillmann's force fetch method in his Fetch Command DVD.

Hillmann's training style is a balanced dynamic of excitement and obedience, teaching and developing multiple skills in every training session. There is a wonderful rhythm and flow that both you and your pup will easily adopt. The Fetch Command dynamic is identical. This makes force fetch very simple and seamless for both the pup and for the trainer -- especially for a trainer that has not experienced and mastered force fetch using more traditional techniques.

Collar conditioning is presented in the Puppy DVD. Hillmann CC's Sit before any other command. CC is also covered in The Fetch Command and the Traffic Cop DVDs.

Hillmann begins force fetch in the Puppy DVD on Day 22. The force fetch technique that Hillmann teaches in the Puppy DVD is NOT the same as the technique taught in the Fetch Command DVD. I strongly recommend that you do force fetch according to the Fetch Command process, not the process used in the Puppy DVD.

Jim

I really like Hillmanns appraoch. You should have a driven pup that is pretty dang steady at an early age. His FF process is also really easy. I think the majority of hunters and even trialers are inexperienced when it comes to this. I have FF'd several dogs and I understand the process. However, FFing 3 dogs is hardly experienced and reading the dog is something that many on his board cant do.....we think we can but we probably can't! Go watch a pro do it and you quickly realize the tiniest of things that they notice and we dont.

Anyway, Hillmanns process allows amatuers to FF the pup in a much easier process. If you have a solid foundation for ear pinch training then I doubt it is any better. Just my $.02 from a hunter.

So I should go with hillman puppy DVD and his ff dvd

I would definitely go with his puppy dvd. Although pretty much says what everyone tells you to do with a pup.still manages to go beyond that. Best money I spent on my pup. Other than buying him
    Black as mollases, call name Strap

Sire: Fc Afc Land ahoy "PIRATE"

Dam: Ten bears little bit "BUTTON"