The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Bait View Post
    Anybody heard from George?
    .... anybody?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I see LI got hit hard. How you doin? My sister lives over by Sandy Hook, at the top of a 28 foot cliff. Says it (the ocean) was lapping at the edge of her cliff for hours, but ok now.
    I just now got my power back. I had been without electricity since Monday night. Results: spoiled food, no heat, no telephone, no internet. 90% of Long Island is without electricity and as of yesterday a possible 10 day wait. Gas stations can't pump gas. There are long gas lines and fighting.(Remember our gas crisis?) Several houses with oak trees on them. Poor to no cell service.

I can't believe the devastation. Water in the Tunnels? Flooded subway tubes? No electricity in downtown Manhattan? I never would have imagined it.

Thank God I am OK. And thanks everyone for your concern.

PS I heard that Fire Island may have a new inlet.

George
    "I love the rod and gun and where they take me."

"Do not judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins."

Quote Originally Posted by gdgnyc View Post
    I just now got my power back. I had been without electricity since Monday night. Results: spoiled food, no heat, no telephone, no internet. 90% of Long Island is without electricity and as of yesterday a possible 10 day wait. Gas stations can't pump gas. There are long gas lines and fighting.(Remember our gas crisis?) Several houses with oak trees on them. Poor to no cell service.

I can't believe the devastation. Water in the Tunnels? Flooded subway tubes? No electricity in downtown Manhattan? I never would have imagined it.

Thank God I am OK. And thanks everyone for your concern.

PS I heard that Fire Island may have a new inlet.

George
    Glad you're ok. We were gettin worried, after seeing what happened up there. We got off easy.
    John Baitinger

Now every conversation will be "After Sandy" It is still be used down south" After Katrina" or Before Katrina". Glad everyone on here is safe and good luck with the cleanup

I know some folks down in Jersey and Long Island that I have yet to hear from... Pretty bad down that way... Funny how folks go back to Katrina.. Figured they would have learned from Andrew back in the early 90's.. Don't underestimate mother nature, she is very unforgiving. Hope everyone made it through OK. Jim
    The mightiest oak was once a small nut that stood its ground

Glad you're ok. We were gettin worried, after seeing what happened up there. We got off easy.
    Thanks, Bait.
    "I love the rod and gun and where they take me."

"Do not judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins."

Holly shit! I grew up on the Jersey shore both in Ocean City and closer to NY near Point Pleasant .
    There are thousands of homes from DE to LI NY that are destroyed.
    If your a builder or trades person who has been out of work there will be many job opportunities especially in NJ.
    I Staten island on the news. Don't Rooney and Barb Radtke live on SI? If not I think real close.
    Hope they're OK. I don't know of any other field trailers along the coast that's trashed.
    Man it's a mess. Weird it's affected me in PA as my bank is down the shore and their data center flooded out.
    Big mess.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

It's been a crazy week for us. My daughter and her family live (or should I say lived) on Long Beach - a barrier island on the south side of Long Island. The winds shifted around driving the water surge and wind directly onto Long Beach and they lost everything - they were lucky to get out alive. The three of them, Jacki, her husband Michael and my grandson, Thomas, managed to walk off the island the day after the storm, crossing the bridge and were rescued by friends. She said the devastation was EPIC and the family is still in shock....they carried their dog Trico the entire way. Unfortunately, Trico, a 16 yr. old family pet, had suffered injuries the night before as they all scrambled to make it to the 2nd floor when the waters surged in...sadly, yesterday they had to make the sad decision to put Trico down as he could no longer stand on his back legs. Please add them to your prayers for all who were caught in this horrific storm.
    Patti
    ReedCreek Labs
    www.reedcreeklabs.com
    In Loving Memory 10/23/04 - 4/25/12 - CH LegaSea's Icing on the Cake, JH "Bonus"

Ransom's Alegria @ ReedCreek, MH (Qualified for MN (2x) "Alli"
    ReedCreek's Center Cut QAA ("Center")

"Beyond this place, there be dragons"
    "...Any new adventure is like that . . . throwing caution to the wind and facing the dragons."

half way between Cat Springs and Raccoon Bend - Texas

So Sad your family lost Trico. Glad they made it out ok, though.

Prayers for all who were affected by Sandy!
    When it stops being fun, I will find something else to do with my time and money.

The Lady

hey Navesink Retriever club folk, chatting with my clubs pres. last eve I was.
    Has anyone heard from Janice Easterbrook (sp) since the storm?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin