The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    Holly shit! I grew up on the Jersey shore both in Ocean City and closer to NY near Point Pleasant .
    There are thousands of homes from DE to LI NY that are destroyed.
    If your a builder or trades person who has been out of work there will be many job opportunities especially in NJ.

Better be a union member or a union contractor, they are reporting on the radio that they are turning away non-union electrical workers.
    Just for the record I have very fine dogs. Some of the best in the whole country....or at least on my own block anyhow.

Prayers sent for everyone affected by this storm.

Quote Originally Posted by DSemple View Post
    Better be a union member or a union contractor, they are reporting on the radio that they are turning away non-union electrical workers.
    I would think they would want all hands on deck. Surely there are some jobs they could do??
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

If there is anything I can do to help out fellow retriever enthusiasts, please let me know. I can deliver dog food, temporary kennels, or can shelter 3 dogs here on the eastern shore of Maryland if your kennels have been damaged. I am about 3 hours from NJ.
    Wendy

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by DSemple View Post

"
    New Jersey’s power companies are stressing today that they are accepting help from both union and non-union crews during the massive effort to restore power to those still in the dark in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
    The clarification comes after a utility company from Alabama said a six-man crew was headed to New Jersey on Wednesday, but turned back in Virginia after they said concerns were raised about whether New Jersey would accept help from the company’s non-union utility crew.
    Non-union crews should not be concerned about coming to New Jersey to help bolster the efforts of New Jersey utility companies, officials said today."
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Funny how folks go back to Katrina.. Figured they would have learned from Andrew back in the early 90's..
    Jim, there was nothing "funny" about Katrina or Andrew. I was here for both and it makes me sorrowful thinking of both those storms. South La is our home and we rebuild and do the best we can. No less than folks whose lives are turned upside down in tornado alley or out west when a big quake hits.

i don't believe for a second you meant any harm by your choice of words, so peace my friend. Peace.

i encourage all of our RTF brethren to donate to the Red Cross, or try to help in any way they can. Even a small donation means so much.

Just a little update. Gas is very difficult to find (reminds me of the Road Warrior). Many grocery stores had to throw out their perishables-meat, milk, all dairy, produce.

I am proud of my son. He is an RN and has volunteered to work at an emergency shelter.

I heard someone say that gas should be easier to get by Wednesday. I have enough to get by until Monday. Not too bad.
    "I love the rod and gun and where they take me."

"Do not judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins."

Prayers sent to all its a mess. Another big storm is coming so be safe.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Whenever there is a natural disaster in a foreign country the US sends some sort of help or relief. I have not heard of any foreign country sending any kind of relief to the US. WHY Not?

Cindy R.
    Rustic Terriers, Parson Russell & Australian Terriers
    Fox Fire's Abracadabra
    Ch. Fox Fire Leather "N" Lace
    Benayr Scottish Blend- aka- Brody
    Benayr Rustic Charm - aka- Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Prayers sent to all its a mess. Another big storm is coming so be safe.

??????What storm, where?????
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com