RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

FC AFC CJ's Mr T pups

16K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  Tim Culligan 
#1 ·
Looking for any info on what his pups are like in training and do they have an off switch. Also pics.
Thanks

#2 ·
Have a Mr T youngster out of Alice Xander's Molly. The easiest I have trained. Wish I could get another one.

#4 ·
I have trained with a bunch. One was recently sold to a gentleman in northern WI. That dog was qualified before the age of 2 and had, I believe, 22 derby points.
I train with a littermate to that dog. Nice marking dog, a little soft.
I know of another one that was sold a few years back to a client of Andy Attar's. That dog needs a win for a FC. He is probably right around four years old now.
All three dogs were very tractable with a high prey drive.

#5 ·
I have a 1 1/2 male tiger pup out of crosswinds pearl. I am inexperienced as trainer (first dog i am training myself) but we archived a JH, and a SHR (firsts for me) already. The pro I am training with says we are ready for seniors. He also feels that this is one of the most stable high drive dogs he has seen.

All that being said I can tell you this dog has drive and is real birdy. We just came home from a 9 days in SD and he was a joy in the hotel and a monster in the field. I could not ask for more. Oh and he is quiet as a mouse in the blind.

Steve

#6 · (Edited)
Contact Jim Van Engen Right Start Kennels at:
jim@rightstartkennel.com
Or
Kevin Cheff Flint River Retrievers at:
kgcheff@yahoo.com

They have both train a few of Tiger's offsprings in their early stage and are the right persons to ask how trainable they are.
Tiger has 6 offsprings that made the Derby list, others with Derby points, 12 QAA (QAA # is probably greater) and a few MH, SH and JH. Has some with HRC titles. The youngest 2012 NARC Qualifier, B Bumble. Various with open or aa placements.
Very good numbers for the amount of times bred comparing to other studs.
You can also contact Fred Kampo, Tiger's owner at:
kampspruce@AOL.com

#7 ·
CJ's Mister T is the sire of the youngest dog to qualify for and run the National Am this past year (I believe he had just turned 2) named B Bumble***, or "Stinger". I don't have one of his pups but have researched him for a potential future breeding and seems to throw some pretty nice pups.

#8 ·
Stinger was 2 yrs 7 mos when Qual for the NARC. He just turned 3 on September 24. People like him so much that he had been bred to 3 or 4 times before the age of 3.

#11 ·
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

FC AFC CJ's Mister T

Reactions: George Simpson
#25 ·
Dog Canidae Mammal Dog breed Labrador retriever

I picked up my Tiger / Rainy pup on Dec. 19. He is a "3-repeat" of the breedings that produced Stinger and Mully. He is very social and very inquisitive. Crate trained quickly, and very clean. He spent the between the holidays time with me in the office. He had lots of company from others working as well. Here is a picture of him helping me open my mail.

His name is "Blue", "When the blue of the night" (meets the light of the day)

#29 ·
my buddy has a 2 year old outta of him. Dog is unreal, easy to train, drive like no ones business and when at home a great pet. One of the best all around dogs that i have seen. We have worked with some pro trainers and they all say that dog should be running trails, he has even had offers on him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.