The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GM, Chrysler tell Romney he's wrong about Chinese jobs claim

They should have let GM, Chrysler and the UAW crater and reorganize under bankruptcy protection like any other business that gets in trouble.

F250 with 292,000 miles regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Too bad you guys don't show the same amount of indignation when Obama lies about leaving Americans behind to die at the hands of terrorists...
    If you don't like the thread, highjack it, eh?
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    They should have let GM, Chrysler and the UAW crater and reorganize under bankruptcy protection like any other business that gets in trouble.

F250 with 292,000 miles regards,

If you don't get it that the last nail was driven in these companies coffin due to $4 dollar gas prices plus a financial crisis rivaling the great depression, and that they could not reorganize because credit marked were seized up completely, and that this was the only way to save millions of jobs & keep the companies from being liquidated for pennies on the dollar, then you never will. It is no longer worth arguing the point here on RTF.

Romney and his friends are just pissed because they couldn't swoop in, buy the companies for pennies on the dollar, and then ship all the jobs to China, the way they did with Delphi. I have several old college buddies who are in management now at the "big 3" and they tell me that the US auto business, including the foreigns, would all be GONE now, never to return. I get the feeling that you guys would think that was fine...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    If you don't like the thread, highjack it, eh?
    Struck a nerve, eh?
    Bill Davis

Gentlemen, PLEASE!!!
    All the name calling in this thread.......

Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    7 out of every 10 GM vehicles are built outside of the USA according to the GM President. True or False?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo

Tax payers paid $100 per share that is now worth $20. per share, true or false?

Croney Capitalism never works.
    For anyone who wants to read the story in full context, here is one link.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/06/is-...-china-motors/

The concept of "build them where you sell them!" is something American workers were screaming since the 1970s when Toyota, Subaru, Datsun, et. al. began flooding our market with their cheap cars. We were lobbying for "content regulations" way back then. We were already seeing jobs in electronics, clothing, shoes ... everything; you name it ... disappearing from US factories due to cheap imports produced by workers being paid starvation wages. We campaigned to consumers the perils of not "buying American" and we were called greedy, radical isolationists trying only to protect our jobs.

GM building products in a foreign market where they will be sold is certainly not as desirable as building them here and exporting them. But that is not going to happen unless you think workers here should work for Chinese wages. The problem is building them over there and sending them here for us to buy with our American dollars. No economy has ever been able to survive that.

Admittedly, our "buy American" choices are severely diminished today and most of the trains have left the station never to return, I fear. But it still doesn't seem to be a concern to the consuming public. Every time you open your wallet or your checkbook, you are HIRING someone to build something or do something for you. YOU are the employer. Don't hire the kid on the other side of the world and then blame our government ... no matter who is in office ... for our unemployment.

You really don't want me to use up the bandwidth with all the "I told you so"s , but suffice it to say, we are reaping exactly what we sowed.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Wonder why they are 45% owned by the UAW?
    Workers having ownership in the company??? Now there's a novel idea!
    Wonder if there is a good side to that.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

...​ at the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Too bad you guys don't show the same amount of indignation when Obama lies about leaving Americans behind to die at the hands of terrorists...
    There's another thread on that topic.

Try to stay focused, Bill.

JS

...​ at the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    If you don't get it that the last nail was driven in these companies coffin due to $4 dollar gas prices plus a financial crisis rivaling the great depression, and that they could not reorganize because credit marked were seized up completely, and that this was the only way to save millions of jobs & keep the companies from being liquidated for pennies on the dollar, then you never will. It is no longer worth arguing the point here on RTF.
    AW, c'mon Buzz! That's the beauty of it. We have the freedom to succeed AND the freedom to fail! No exceptions. So if these car companies can't cut it, screw 'em! Let 'em go under!

Oh, wait ... would all those worker bees then move from the "giver" group to the "taker" group??? Would we lose their tax contributions??? Or worse, would they then become a liability! As in "welfare, unemployment, food stamps, free school lunches, houses in foreclosure"? Hmmm. Probably wouldn't be able to spend as much at the mall either. Slackers!

Well, now I'm thinking, "who's gonna make up for that loss? Not you and I, right?"

I gotta rethink this.

JS

...​ at the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    AW, c'mon Buzz! That's the beauty of it. We have the freedom to succeed AND the freedom to fail! No exceptions. So if these car companies can't cut it, screw 'em! Let 'em go under!

Oh, wait ... would all those worker bees then move from the "giver" group to the "taker" group??? Would we lose their tax contributions??? Or worse, would they then become a liability! As in "welfare, unemployment, food stamps, free school lunches, houses in foreclosure"? Hmmm. Probably wouldn't be able to spend as much at the mall either. Slackers!

Well, now I'm thinking, "who's gonna make up for that loss? Not you and I, right?"

I gotta rethink this.

JS
    I bet you would rather the folks on the east coast not get government assistance too. Bad use of you tax dollars...correct? Damn those northeast folks they don't vote republican.

And those business owners are going to rebuild without help from the government too...correct?

Get a clue.

It was nice being on vacation running my dogs and placing 4th in the AM last weekend and not having to read stupidity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!