The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: GM, Chrysler tell Romney he's wrong about Chinese jobs claim

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    i don't think a guy who rode around europe on a bicycle with a tie on for two years in order to tell folk about his church would lie to me about where cars are made or our presidents impact on industry.

i don't think a guy who has worked so hard to organize communities and who has served our country(maybe not his) his entire life would lie to me about venture capitalists outsourcing jobs or his opponents role in these ventures.

i could be wrong?
    You're not!

Fiskars regards................
    Stan b & Elvis

John I am not the one calling Willard a liar. I just posted the Detroit Free Press story. GM and Fiat-Chrysler are the ones that are saying "bunk" to the yarn Willard told the good folks in Toledo aka Jeeptown. Further, the fact checkers at the Free Press posted this at the bottom of the story:

Television spot: “Chrysler, owned by Italians, is considering making Jeeps in China.”

The facts: Yes, Chrysler wants to resume making Jeeps in China, but only for sales to Chinese buyers. Jeep production and employment in the U.S. are rising.

Radio spot: “Under President Obama, GM cut 15,000 American jobs, but they are planning to double the number of cars built in China, which means 15,000 more jobs for China.”

The facts: GM had 14,000 fewer U.S. employees at the end of 2011 than at the end of 2008, but most of those layoffs and buyouts occurred in early 2009, before GM entered bankruptcy. It has added thousands of jobs since exiting bankruptcy.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

someone said crony capitalism doesn't work? dude, it works great if you are a crony!!!!!!!(just finished a job downtown)
    john mccallie

Marchionne's e-mail:

Chrysler Group’s production plans for the Jeep brand have become the focus of public debate.

I feel obliged to unambiguously restate our position: Jeep production will not be moved from the United States to China.

North American production is critical to achieving our goal of selling 800,000 Jeep vehicles by 2014. In fact, U.S. production of our Jeep models has nearly tripled (it is expected to be up 185%) since 2009 in order to keep up with global demand.

We also are investing to improve and expand our entire U.S. operations, including our Jeep facilities. The numbers tell the story:

• We will invest more than $1.7 billion to develop and produce the next generation Jeep SUV, the successor of the Jeep Liberty -- including $500 million directly to tool and expand our Toledo Assembly Complex and will be adding about 1,100 jobs on a second shift by 2013.

• At our Jefferson North Assembly Plant, where we build the Jeep Grand Cherokee, we have created 2,000 jobs since June 2009 and have invested more than $1.8 billion.

• In Belvidere, where we build two Jeep models, we have added two shifts since 2009 resulting in an additional 2,600 jobs.

With the increase in demand for our vehicles, especially Jeep branded vehicles, we have added more than 11,200 U.S. jobs since 2009. Plants producing Jeep branded vehicles alone have seen the number of people invested in the success of the Jeep brand grow to more than 9,300 hourly jobs from 4,700. This will increase by an additional 1,100 as the Liberty successor, which will be produced in Toledo, is introduced for global distribution in the second quarter of 2013.

Together, we are working to establish a global enterprise and previously announced our intent to return Jeep production to China, the world’s largest auto market, in order to satisfy local market demand, which would not otherwise be accessible. Chrysler Group is interested in expanding the customer base for our award-winning Jeep vehicles, which can only be done by establishing local production. This will ultimately help bolster the Jeep brand, and solidify the resilience of U.S. jobs.

Jeep is one of our truly global brands with uniquely American roots. This will never change. So much so that we committed that the iconic Wrangler nameplate, currently produced in our Toledo, Ohio plant, will never see full production outside the United States.

Jeep assembly lines will remain in operation in the United States and will constitute the backbone of the brand.

It is inaccurate to suggest anything different.

Sergio Marchionne
    Sarge

Sorry to leave a good debate. Going deer hunting. See ya all some time next week.
    Sarge

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Sorry to leave a good debate. Going deer hunting. See ya all some time next week.
    Good luck. Get a big one.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I wanna echo huntinman, have a GREAT HUNT!!!

stan b & Elvis
    Stan b & Elvis

Thanks guys! I'm gone.
    Sarge

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Fixed it for ya!!!!

If you were not in the UAW, you got screwed!
    There wer thousands off non-union, non-UAW jobs (like mine) that were saved as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    There wer thousands off non-union, non-UAW jobs (like mine) that were saved as well.
    Tell that to the people from Delphi.............
    Stan b & Elvis