The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Liberty Will Be On The Ballot This Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    might want to check the date on your article...that random survey is over 20 years old, and it was done using oncologists.....lets see one using pain management doctors, and hopefully done within the last couple of years
    Well, it it was 48% 20 years ago it is probably 60% today.

Interetsing that the only subject those against personal and national Liberty can attack is the legalization of MJ. Not the budget, the economy, Monetary or Foreign Policy but pot!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Hometown: Rural Ames, IA. College: Maryville, MO

And, if Romney loses on Tuesday, the Repub Party is done, finished, kaput! That's because the Repub brand is damaged beyond repair. Today's new Conservatives have given the party a bad reputation and the great majority of young voters and women want nothing to do with this new Conservatism. If Romney wins, the Repubs can hold on hold on for a few more years. If he loses, the party is over and the nation's third oldest party, the Libertarian Party, will be the new viable party with fresh ideas and a fresh platform better suited for the here and now!

Wouldn't "todays new Conservitive" be Libertarians? From what I have seen, many young people would go along with much of what Libertarians spout as freedom. However, there is a large majority of those who have jumped on the Obomawagon and refuse to get off, entrenching themselves with large government ideas and social programs. Many more than those who have decided to go Libertarian or Republican. In order for Libertarians to actually have an impact on our nation, all young Libertarians and the majority of the old guard Republicans would have to come together and compromise on several issues. Legalization of pot would be one of these. I think some old guard R's wouldn't mind seeing it legalized if it was highly regulated and taxed. Drunk driving needs to have much harsher consequences., no question.

"I am not red nor blue but, red, white and blue. Therefore, I reserve the right to be critical of ALL politicians!" Except your own?
    Remember in high school there was that smart aleck kid who acted like he knew everything, was always critical, but never really did anything but sit back and pick on kids who were actually doing work? That is how the Libertarian party often comes across to the uneducated public and dominant parties. If the Libertarian movement is going to have a real effect on our nation as a whole, issues need to be streamlined and comprimised. The party itself has to become full of activists who are not just talking heads but can show proof in the pudding in a humble way.

A huge problem with our country is the polarization of issues with the political elites trickling down to Joe Shmo. Our country needs a modern day Henry Clay. Someone who can reach across the aisle and work with others to figure out a viable way for America to sustain growth with the many issues plaguing it. Is the Libertarian way going to be it or is it just going to be another party unwilling to dirty its hands with compromise necessary for a united country?

Divided we fall,
    Greg
    Last edited by youngblood; 11-01-2012 at 08:52 AM.
    Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
    And, if Romney loses on Tuesday, the Repub Party is done, finished, kaput! That's because the Repub brand is damaged beyond repair. Today's new Conservatives have given the party a bad reputation and the great majority of young voters and women want nothing to do with this new Conservatism. If Romney wins, the Repubs can hold on hold on for a few more years. If he loses, the party is over and the nation's third oldest party, the Libertarian Party, will be the new viable party with fresh ideas and a fresh platform better suited for the here and now!

Wouldn't "todays new Conservitive" be Libertarians? From what I have seen, many young people would go along with much of what Libertarians spout as freedom. However, there is a large majority of those who have jumped on the Obomawagon and refuse to get off, entrenching themselves with large government ideas and social programs. Many more than those who have decided to go Libertarian or Republican. In order for Libertarians to actually have an impact on our nation, all young Libertarians and the majority of the old guard Republicans would have to come together and compromise on several issues. Legalization of pot would be one of these. I think some old guard R's wouldn't mind seeing it legalized if it was highly regulated and taxed. Drunk driving needs to have much harsher consequences., no question.

"I am not red nor blue but, red, white and blue. Therefore, I reserve the right to be critical of ALL politicians!" Except your own?
    Remember in high school there was that smart aleck kid who acted like he knew everything, was always critical, but never really did anything but sit back and pick on kids who were actually doing work? That is how the Libertarian party often comes across to the uneducated public and dominant parties. If the Libertarian movement is going to have a real effect on our nation as a whole, issues need to be streamlined and comprimised. The party itself has to become full of activists who are not just talking heads but can show proof in the pudding in a humble way.

A huge problem with our country is the polarization of issues with the political elites trickling down to Joe Shmo. Our country needs a modern day Henry Clay. Someone who can reach across the aisle and work with others to figure out a viable way for America to sustain growth with the many issues plaguing it. Is the Libertarian way going to be it or is it just going to be another party unwilling to dirty its hands with compromise necessary for a united country?

Divided we fall,
    Greg
    Well done Youngblood!
    Stan b & Elvis

A very thoughtful post! My comments in purple.

Quote Originally Posted by youngblood View Post

Wouldn't "todays new Conservitive" be Libertarians? Today's Conservatives have gravitated far to the right like the Tea Party. They preach Liberty but practice anything but Liberty. Just look at the candidates they support. They are only for Liberty if you believe in the same things that they do. Zero freedom of thought and action! Traditional Conservatives are today's Libertarians. From what I have seen, many young people would go along with much of what Libertarians spout as freedom. However, there is a large majority of those who have jumped on the Obomawagon and refuse to get off, entrenching themselves with large government ideas and social programs. Many more than those who have decided to go Libertarian or Republican. In order for Libertarians to actually have an impact on our nation, all young Libertarians and the majority of the old guard Republicans would have to come together and compromise on several issues. Legalization of pot would be one of these. I think some old guard R's wouldn't mind seeing it legalized if it was highly regulated and taxed. Drunk driving needs to have much harsher consequences., no question.

"I am not red nor blue but, red, white and blue. Therefore, I reserve the right to be critical of ALL politicians!" Except your own? I am very critical of my thinking and often question myself/self examination. That is why I have come to the conclusions that I do. I consider myself not only an idependent thinker but a free mind uninhibited by myths and fear.Remember in high school there was that smart aleck kid who acted like he knew everything, was always critical, but never really did anything but sit back and pick on kids who were actually doing work? That is how the Libertarian party often comes across to the uneducated public and dominant parties. No doubt about it! People are fearful of change. They can't accept that things will NEVER be as they were years ago. Time marches on a things change. We either adapt or perish. Add the fact that many, including the far right can't handle true Liberty or Free Thought. Just look at some of the comments onRTF by so-called Conservatives! If the Libertarian movement is going to have a real effect on our nation as a whole, issues need to be streamlined and comprimised. The party itself has to become full of activists who are not just talking heads but can show proof in the pudding in a humble way. The Libertarian Party is growing in leaps and bounds because of the dyfunctional two party system and the huge awakening put forth by people like Dr Ron Paul!

A huge problem with our country is the polarization of issues with the political elites trickling down to Joe Shmo. Our country needs a modern day Henry Clay. Someone who can reach across the aisle and work with others to figure out a viable way for America to sustain growth with the many issues plaguing it. Is the Libertarian way going to be it or is it just going to be another party unwilling to dirty its hands with compromise necessary for a united country? Todays impactful orators are Libertarians. There are no real statements left in the Dem and Repub parties. The Dems and Repubs reject and do not tolorate real statesmen.

Divided we fall,
    Greg
    "Under the system of natural liberty, every man, as long as he does not violate the laws of justice, is left perfectly free to pursue his own interest his own way and to bring both his industry and capital into competition with those of any other man or order of men." - Adam Smith

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." – Samuel Adams
    Last edited by Franco; 11-01-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    so exactly how is voting for a pot smoking ex-hippie going to improve things? We already tried a choom gang alumnus for 4 years...
    Look at the upside of legalizing pot. Tax it like tobacco and alcohol and look at the revenue it would create. He wouldn't be so uptight if he hit the pipe a little. some of the rest of the politicians should take a hit or two and then they might be able to relax and get something done to benefit all Americans.

Banned

you have me figured out wrong..I choose not to partake, if thats what floats your boat have at it, just dont let me catch you selling to any kids, and dont be driving my son's school bus, if you hit my car or run me over I will take a nine iron to your car first and then your skull if I get up off the ground
    If it would be legalized, you would have the minimum age requirement to purchase it. Just like tobacco and alcohol. Human nature is that if something is forbidden, that makes you want it more. I know that I couldn't wait to turn 21 so I could legally drink in the bars. Once I turned 21 the "fun" was gone because the risk of getting caught was no longer there and it was no longer the forbidden fruit to me. I don't drink alcohol any more but I don't look down upon those that do. some here, not you Bon, don't have a problem having drinks and get falling down drunk, because it is legal, but look down upon someone that wants to smoke some weed. I would be willing to bet that there are far more people killed every year by drunk drivers than people that are high on weed.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    If it would be legalized, you would have the minimum age requirement to purchase it. Just like tobacco and alcohol. Human nature is that if something is forbidden, that makes you want it more. I know that I couldn't wait to turn 21 so I could legally drink in the bars. Once I turned 21 the "fun" was gone because the risk of getting caught was no longer there and it was no longer the forbidden fruit to me. I don't drink alcohol any more but I don't look down upon those that do. some here, not you Bon, don't have a problem having drinks and get falling down drunk, because it is legal, but look down upon someone that wants to smoke some weed. I would be willing to bet that there are far more people killed every year by drunk drivers than people that are high on weed.

I serve alcohol for a living..I will NOT overserve a guest because I dont want to ever be held accountable if they wrap themselves around a telephone pole or hurt/kill someone afterwards

the problem is people get DUI's and they plea them out and get their license back and do it again, and again,....like I said I have no problem for those that want to partake, but I dont want them on the road driving impaired..there has to be some sort of measurement of impairment if you are going to allow people to smoke pot legally..
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

I serve alcohol for a living..I will NOT overserve a guest because I dont want to ever be held accountable if they wrap themselves around a telephone pole or hurt/kill someone afterwards

the problem is people get DUI's and they plea them out and get their license back and do it again, and again,....like I said I have no problem for those that want to partake, but I dont want them on the road driving impaired..there has to be some sort of measurement of impairment if you are going to allow people to smoke pot legally..
    I am quite sure that if it was to be made legal, that there would be established sobriety tests for pot just like alcohol. At least I would hope so anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I am quite sure that if it was to be made legal, that there would be established sobriety tests for pot just like alcohol. At least I would hope so anyway.
    How many empty fritos bags of the floor of your car? Or maybe how many times you call the cop "dude" during a traffic stop?
    Bill Davis