The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Liberty Will Be On The Ballot This Tuesday!

I'd rather be driven around by someone stoned than someone drunk! The drunk is liable to wrap the vehicle around a telepole whereas the stoned drive might take forever to get there (20 miles per hour), but at least I would get there in one piece!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I'd rather be driven around by someone stoned than someone drunk! The drunk is liable to wrap the vehicle around a telepole whereas the stoned drive might take forever to get there (20 miles per hour), but at least I would get there in one piece!
    How about neither?
    Bill Davis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    How many empty fritos bags of the floor of your car? Or maybe how many times you call the cop "dude" during a traffic stop?
    the use of the term "dude" is a stereotype of a pot smoker. I really don't think many people call officers "dude". With the technology in the world today, I am sure there can be some test developed as to the level of how "stoned" someone is. Not if they have the munchies or cotton mouth, or calling officers "dude". C'mon Mr. Davis, you're smarter than that.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    How about neither?
    Fine for me but, I believe people should have the right to determine that for themselves!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Fine for me but, I believe people should have the right to determine that for themselves!
    The responsible ones will.
    Bill Davis

I love the argument made to legalize it. First statement was to tax it so the government can have more money to plunder. Typical neocon mentality. A conservative argument should be legalize it so the legal system and jails won't waste our tax dollars prosecuting and housing pot heads. A conservative talk show host based in Houston agrees with Franco's position and has asked many policemen if they ever pull over drivers under the influence of pot. Their answer is always no.

Banned

Agreed. Let me make my own choices and live with the circumstances that come from those choices. Way too much telling me what I can and can't do. Prime example. You have to go outside of a bar to smoke a cigarette, why? If someone doesn't want to go into a bar because they are afraid of getting cancer from 2nd hand smoke. Don't go in that bar or restaraunt. Let the business owner decide if he/she wants to allow smoking in their establishment. People then can choose which business to patronize because of free will, not because the govt tells every business owner that they can't allow smoking in their establishment because it is a public place. My contention is that it is not a public place, it is private property, owned by the business owner, and since it is not owned by the govt, they should be allowed to determine what is best for their business.

It's amazing that people only associate Gary Johnson with marijuana . He started a construction company, was its only employee and grew it to over 1000 employees. As governor, he was known as "governor veto". Vetoed more legislation than all other governors combined during his two terms. Cut state employees by over 20%. Was probably the most responsible governor in the country and all anyone can argue is his stance on pot! How's that war on drugs working? Over a trillion dollars spent and the problem is as big as it ever was. Lot of private prison corps getting rich on your tax dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    It's amazing that people only associate Gary Johnson with marijuana . He started a construction company, was its only employee and grew it to over 1000 employees. As governor, he was known as "governor veto". Vetoed more legislation than all other governors combined during his two terms. Cut state employees by over 20%. Was probably the most responsible governor in the country and all anyone can argue is his stance on pot! How's that war on drugs working? Over a trillion dollars spent and the problem is as big as it ever was. Lot of private prison corps getting rich on your tax dollar.
    On this thread I've been trying to steer it away from MJ but that's all the detractors want to talk about. Not the economy, Monetary or Foreign Policy!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    I love the argument made to legalize it. First statement was to tax it so the government can have more money to plunder. Typical neocon mentality. A conservative argument should be legalize it so the legal system and jails won't waste our tax dollars prosecuting and housing pot heads. A conservative talk show host based in Houston agrees with Franco's position and has asked many policemen if they ever pull over drivers under the influence of pot. Their answer is always no.
    Fair enough. I agree with you that it would save a bunch of money by not imprisoning someone for pot possession. There are many people out there driving without a license for DUI, yet they continue to drink and drive, yet a guy/gal that has an ounce of pot gets sent to prison. Lot of money wasted there.