The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Fyi

Default Fyi

Those of us that do or did competitive dogs in any venue are a fairly insignificant number of the population.
    That is probably then only thing that is insignificant about those who do dogs competitively. We do it in many
    forms, from getting a lot of help with our endeavors to receiving very little help. We speak our own language,
    & those who played at the top of the heap know each other quite well, either from personal contact or someone
    we know who knows someone else & we trust their judgment. Those of us who trained mostly without hiring
    outside help can tell from other's posts just what type of dog that person will probably bring to the line.

People who do dogs at these levels, whether they do it themselves or hire it done, have significant skills that
    separate them from the mainstream of society. Those skills may show up in their vocations or they may show
    up in their avocation, which is in this case, dogs & their love for their canine friends.

Most people who do dogs have an utmost respect for those who participate in the
    various venues & I emphasize participate.

On occasion there are those who disrespect members on this forum who have a long & successful history in the
    various venues. For those who disrespected UB on this forum, especially those who did not do competitive dogs,
    I hope the big guy upstairs has something special in mind for you. For those who just showed up & believe you
    have something to offer to anyone on this forum without having any experience in the art of training & keeping
    a competitive dog fit & no interest in doing so you need to consider going to some other forum where you can
    impress others as equally stupid as you.

The great majority of those who post here did something really well in life, many of us are veterans & proud of
    that, many have very strong families & believe in their own way in a supreme being, many care for our country
    & what they can do for it & do not see it going down that path. We are mostly, reasonably successful, & quite
    comfortable in that accomplishment. I do not believe we need to agree to get along, disagreement can be quite
    respectful.

Today I'm going to do something I said I would never do - I'm going to place 2 people on Ignore - one because of
    his disrespect for UB & the other because, along with appearing to be from someplace on the very left side of the
    Bell Curve he has forgotten what the forum is for, if he ever had the intelligence to know what it was for. I don't
    believe he has an opinion worthy of one's time, because in his case it's all opinion without knowledge.

Everyone have a nice day & remember the purpose of this forum.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Ok!! Listen!!
    I dumped the bucket of scummy pond water on UB's head, because he ducked the dousing the night before at the social! He WAs,,and still IS Mr. HRC!! He wasnt gonna get away with skippin out of that Seasoned title Tradition!!

And as far as #2!!

I still have an opinion even though it isnt very educated!,,,,ANNNND you cant ignor the same dude twice!! Smarty pants!
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

I just realized sumpin! he dint even see this post did he! DOUGH!!!!!!!!
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

A nicely-phrased, well-written and wholly rational post by Marvin S.

Senior Member Down East Labs 217's Avatar

Marvin, well said.

as for you Gooser. For some reason I just don't think Marvin is talking to about you.
    Richard Reese

Chesty Puller's Cocoa SH
    CC's Bublin Shasta SH
    RWR"s BackDraft Blaze "Smoky" MH
    RWR's Hot Chocolate Devil Dog "Damien" MH
    RWR's Hot Chocolate Mocha Java "Java" MH
    Creamlevels Amber Waves of Grain "Brandy" MH
    CCR's Black Rose "Rosie" MH
    Lexis Cocoa Mocha Luka "Mocha" MH

Apparently I missed something. I barely have enough time these days for more than a quick peek at POTUS now and then.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Ok!! Listen!!
    I dumped the bucket of scummy pond water on UB's head, because he ducked the dousing the night before at the social! He WAs,,and still IS Mr. HRC!! He wasnt gonna get away with skippin out of that Seasoned title Tradition!!

And as far as #2!!

I still have an opinion even though it isnt very educated!,,,,ANNNND you cant ignor the same dude twice!! Smarty pants!
    Why do i have the feeling that would not have bothered UB?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Why do i have the feeling that would not have bothered UB?

I took off runnin like the devil! I wasnt gonna stick around to find out!!!