The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unions

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Uncle Bill, once again you demonstrate that you look at the world through a toilet paper tube. You briefly belonged to a small union local until it served your needs (I am surprised you admitted that much) and then you "dropped out", retaining the benefits. Is that your definition of a "unionista"? I always wondered what that meant.

Then you cite a single "documentary" that will tell folks all they want to know about the labor movement. Not surprising coming from someone who appears to get ALL their "news" ... using that term loosely ... from a single source. I would look that book up had the suggestion come from someone with credibility, but you lost yours long ago by repeatedly posting misinformation and outright lies without bothering to check their factuality. (the last one, even including a self-debunking link! Really!?) Thing is, I have not only read a number of anti-union writings, I have lived it. However I can provide you with some reading sources depicting the positive side, but I imagine you would not want to waste your time with that. Wrong "facts".

Broaden your horizons and then come back and talk to me.

JS

With someone so firmly entrenched up the party arses as you, I wouldn't have nor intend to find the time to talk with you about anything.

You can sell your soul, if you profess to have one, to the company store by living for the unions...and you can continue to be in favor of killing babies and same sex marriage by the various BFers in your crowd. You don't want to reside in the real American USA...just your messiahs muslim-loving world. The Constitution he finds 'bothersome' to comply with, fits your mold just fine. You are an OOOLD Democrat that hasn't figured out the party has left you looooong ago. But now you are just hanging out for the feebies.

UB

PS While you may be fuming about this post, you don't need to reply. It's full of non-Snopes-made-up-info, which I don't expect you to buy into because I never know anything factual.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Banned

JS,
    Some of the members here are out there.

There are Optimists= glass half full

There are Pessimists= Glass half empty

Then there are people such as UB and others of his mindset= so negative that they don't even have a glass. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    UB

PS I never know anything factual.
    Well I'm gonna have to agree with you for once

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    JS,
    Some of the members here are out there.

There are Optimists= glass half full

There are Pessimists= Glass half empty

Then there are people such as UB and others of his mindset= so negative that they don't even have a glass. LOL
    Then we have Murral = Head mostly empty.
    Last edited by huntinman; 11-08-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    Bill Davis

Union=comunist sheep. Oh by the way I grew up in a union houshold in Detroit.
    Home To

HRCH Bluesky's Rollin Thunder MH
    Bluesky's Hot Bunn's Ellie
    SHR Saddiehawkins of Summer Bird 1998-2011
    SHR Bluesky's Some like em Hot 2009-2010 Left too soon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Then we have Murral = Head mostly empty.
    Incorrect sir. My head is mostly full. Just don't have any of the "chicken little" BS information in it. Since Obama got elected again, and the apocalypse is due any day now. Would you like to buy one of those bomb shelters that I have for sale? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Thompson1 View Post
    Union=comunist sheep. Oh by the way I grew up in a union houshold in Detroit.
    Union wages put a roof over your head and fed you and you spit on them now. I wouldn't want you in my union anyway.

Non-union laborers can thank the Unions for maintaining a certain pay scale.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Union wages put a roof over your head and fed you and you spit on them now. I wouldn't want you in my union anyway.
    and they call the 47% "takers" As long as it suits your current situation it's ok. but when you have gotten what you needed from something in the past, and now "YOU" don't need it. It's bad.

This may be a hijack and deserving of a separate thread but as things unfolded here at home I decided to share this with people I consider politically savvy under a thread header that seems to fit. Some on here know my views better than others and admittedly I rarely post yet read RTF and POTUS every day. I'll attempt to post links regarding the recent corruption indictments of village officials in the municipality where I work. This story is long and deep. What you'll see on the links provided are but the tip of the iceberg.These indictments were a direct result of our in house union filing civil service grievances with NY state regarding how our village officials chose to run our municipality. It forced other / larger (local and state) agencies to investigate what was really going on (and being propagated) by our elected officials. I'm a conservative republican. I'm a 22 year civil servant. I'm a Sergeant in the municipality that you'll read about. Once elected / appointed, these people targeted our police dept. They voted into local law and have in place a police commission which is the sole authority over my dept and decides the fate of officers based on complaints they receive from the public. There have been numerous personnel complaints against my officers that have not only been entertained but encouraged by this administration. All to this date were totally false. Our union had to fight these allegations to protect our officers. We had to use our resources to keep bad guys in jail and protect our officers and the integrity of our agency. So when I hear that unions have out lived there usefulness and are basically a drain on municipalities I have a different view. When I read posts from RTFers about the over paid cops and firefighters / servants that seem to be regarded as a necessary evil, it bothers me. They're there in NY / Jersey / Ct still helping those affected by Sandy. Here is my attempt at posting the links.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...0202/121109582

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/20...t1-09Nov12.htm

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/121109577

Danny
    Last edited by DSO; 11-12-2012 at 09:03 AM.