The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandy and national coverage

Default Sandy and national coverage

OK, am I the only one that thinks that a lot of crap that is going on is being ignored by the lame stream media because of the election and the lame stream media's pro Obama bias? Would many things be ignored if a republican was running for re election?
    UI power crews are being attacked in Bridgeport CT (the armpit of CT) and need police protection to restore power. Where is the outrage?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    OK, am I the only one that thinks that a lot of crap that is going on is being ignored by the lame stream media because of the election and the lame stream media's pro Obama bias? Would many things be ignored if a republican was running for re election?
    UI power crews are being attacked in Bridgeport CT (the armpit of CT) and need police protection to restore power. Where is the outrage?
    No republican in charge...
    Bill Davis

anyone heard from Paul Young...was he affected by the storm...How about Ken Bora.did he lose any trees...hope you guys are ok....

not a pretty picture watching those people waiting in line for gasoline, and seeing the price gouging for the gas...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

DA Union says we don't need your help... http://www.waff.com/story/19981857/s...sandy-recovery

just a big wind up here
    our gov just scent all the quebec electric guys that came to help us south to CT and Joisy.
    Very sparce reports from the Yankee waterfowler club and Navesink retriever club families.
    they got flocked!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    No republican in charge...
    Yeah, the idiot mayor of THE ARMPIT OF CT is causing a bunch of trouble. He has been on the media claiming that the ARMPIT should be first, before anyone else. Every municipality gets to pick their top ten list for restoration and those are done first for all areas. Ya know, things like water and sewer plants etc.

Thanks for everyone's concern!

Sue and I live in SE Connecticut about 12 miles inland from the shore. We were out of power and internet until yesterday, and live in a very rural area. We were well prepared, having generator backup and 3 weeks fuel for it.

There has been a lot damage in the area caused by this storm, but luckily we were spared.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

This whole situation may turn very ugly very soon. My parents will be fine because they are always prepared and after 2 week long outages last year they added a whole house generator but their local forcast has night temps going into the 20's.
    Someone needs to shove a sock in the mouth of the Bridgeport mayor. They won't be as cold and his slimeball leaches can go to hell. They are getting power restored and attacking the restorers? I hope someone grows a set and tells them to F off!~!! The people that pay the taxes are getting screwed and the leaches are attacking the power companies! Somebody needs to call the slime on the carpet and tell them to go where the sun does not shine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post

Sue and I live in SE Connecticut about 12 miles inland from the shore. We were out of power and internet until yesterday, and live in a very rural area. We were well prepared, having generator backup and 3 weeks fuel for it.

There has been a lot damage in the area caused by this storm, but luckily we were spared.-Paul
    Glad you and your family are safe!

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post

Glad to see you and your family are safe....being without the internet for a day or two isnt necessarily a bad thing...You didnt miss anything...But you knew that
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"