The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Christie and the Pres

during a national disaster of this magnitude, it is the responsibility of the govt to do all that it can to help as many people as they can..now is not the time to nitpick over how much it will cost..BUT people can not expect the govt to rebuild ALL that they lost, its just not realistic...it looks like some people planned and got wiped out and it also looks like many did absolutely zero planning and got wiped out..so who gets helped first

As for FEMA it needs to be overhauled, we havent even seen the first of the trailers,debit cards or checks being distributed, but there is little doubt that those who really need the help probably wont get it, and many will scam the system and get help that they are not entitled to
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The people that are working, cleaning up, donating clothes, food are the residents themselves, and they are doing a great job!
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Any President and any Governor would be trying as hard as they can, obama didnt do anyting special for once he is doing his job. Go there, survey the damage, have a photo op, make promises and leave. Its obamas katrina.
    Except he actually was on site right after the storm passed instead of days later and flying over.

Having worked flood relief, no one is ever 100% happy about the speed things get to them. Most of the time it is because supplies can't be brought it fast enough or relief workers can't get to the trouble spots safely.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Do you think he would have been there the next day if it wasn't election time? I dont. He took alot of heat for not postponing his campaign for 1 day after Bengazhi, He wasn't going to make that mistake again.
    We should expect our Pres to act like one all the time not just when it makes him look good.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 11-04-2012 at 08:44 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Except he actually was on site right after the storm passed instead of days later and flying over.
    Not sure that's a real smart move - with the security required his presence is more disruptive than helpful? Won't even go near Seattle when he, his wife or any of the big name candidates come to town. These people have become some kind of new royalty.

Harry Truman Regards .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Well if you only watch NBC CBS CNN everything looks fine people working together, you would think its a quick cleanup . Its just like the Bengazhi cover up turn on fox, listen to the people that have not seen any help, who are living in sewage and begging for help. This storm was so big and caused so much damage its going to take awhile, we all know that. Prayers sent, and now another storm is on the way.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 11-04-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Everyone knows that Benghazi is a drummed up controversy except those who watch nonstop Faux.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Do you think he would have been there the next day if it wasn't election time? I dont. He took alot of heat for not postponing his campaign for 1 day after Bengazhi, He wasn't going to make that mistake again.
    We should expect our Pres to act like one all the time not just when it makes him look good.
    I firmly believe he would've been there whether it was an election or not. Maybe I'm naive, but think that his intentions are genuine. I don't understand why people hate this man so much. It takes more than one person to make a team, and it has seen to me that he is trying to win a football game by himself. He's the only one on his side and there is 11 defenders looking across the line at him.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I firmly believe he would've been there whether it was an election or not. Maybe I'm naive, but think that his intentions are genuine. I don't understand why people hate this man so much. It takes more than one person to make a team, and it has seen to me that he is trying to win a football game by himself. He's the only one on his side and there is 11 defenders looking across the line at him.
    Maybe he should have been more of a team player...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Maybe he should have been more of a team player...
    Yes, yes. Of course when a player heads for the wrong end of the field with the ball...........
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~