The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Chris Christie and the Pres

My stepson works for TSA in Alaska. He has just been deployed to NJ to work for FEMA for Sandy relief. Others have as well. 12 days after the fact? He is a single parent and they gave him 2 days notice... No choice. Had to leave his child with the ex's parents. They told him he may be down there for two months or more. They are scrambling now... A little late. Imagine if it had been a republican administration.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    My stepson works for TSA in Alaska. He has just been deployed to NJ to work for FEMA for Sandy relief. Others have as well. 12 days after the fact? He is a single parent and they gave him 2 days notice... No choice. Had to leave his child with the ex's parents. They told him he may be down there for two months or more. They are scrambling now... A little late. Imagine if it had been a republican administration.
    Bill,

You seem to have no idea concerning the scope of this disaster. Just throwing huge numbers of bodies into the fray without regard for what resources are actually needed at a given point in the effort is not constructive or a responsible use of those resources. All that, plus we just had another major storm up here that cleared out only yesterday. The management of the recovery effort seems to be pretty well coordinated. I think the 2 month estimate is VERY optomistic, however.

For your information, "they" have been scrambling since day 1.

I hope your Son stays safe through what will be a long recovery effort.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Bill,

You seem to have no idea concerning the scope of this disaster. Just throwing huge numbers of bodies into the fray without regard for what resources are actually needed at a given point in the effort is not constructive or a responsible use of those resources. All that, plus we just had another major storm up here that cleared out only yesterday. The management of the recovery effort seems to be pretty well coordinated. I think the 2 month estimate is VERY optomistic, however.

For your information, "they" have been scrambling since day 1.

I hope your Son stays safe through what will be a long recovery effort.-Paul
    Paul, I am not the one making the decision to "throw" the huge numbers of bodies into the fray. I am commenting on what was being done after the fact. Obviously, you have it all figured out from your vantage point, so things should be under control.
    Bill Davis

Obama and Christie should have made that clear to the people. When Obama said anything you need , no red tape, most didn't think they would not have power until after the holidays. The residents are doing the best they can . FEMA is trying to bring in mobile homes for housing. Bill prayers to your son.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 11-09-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Paul, I am not the one making the decision to "throw" the huge numbers of bodies into the fray. I am commenting on what was being done after the fact. Obviously, you have it all figured out from your vantage point, so things should be under control.
    Let's just say I'm a little closer to the situation than you are. Luckily for me, I don't have to make those decisions.

They have finally made enough headway to start ramping up the effort. until 2 days ago, they didn't have any places to temporarily house additional relief workers.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Let's just say I'm a little closer to the situation than you are. Luckily for me, I don't have to make those decisions.

They have finally made enough headway to start ramping up the effort. until 2 days ago, they didn't have any places to temporarily house additional relief workers.-Paul
    My boy is going to be on a ship or boat of some sort with other workers. He is flying in today...
    Last edited by huntinman; 11-09-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    Bill Davis

Banned

My boy is going to be on a ship or boat of some sort with other workers. He is flying in today...
    I have heard many conservatives in the past tell somebody, "if you don't like your job, quit and find a better one." Your son could quit his job anytime. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I have heard many conservatives in the past tell somebody, "if you don't like your job, quit and find a better one." Your son could quit his job anytime. Just sayin.
    Then who would pay for your Obama phone?
    Bill Davis

Obama said today his own words not the news making it up like they always do , if a deal is not reached by the end of next month EVERYONES taxes are going up not just the ones that make over 250K. Now is NOT the time to quit your job. Be glad he has one and is supporting his child. Good luck to him I hope he can help dig these people out of the mess thay are in .
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Banned

Then who would pay for your Obama phone?
    I don't have an Obama phone, thank you very much. Verizon is my carrier thank you. there you go assuming again. I am sure you know what happens when you assume. I have a full time job, with employer benefits. No govt handouts to this cat. Talk about the govt teat, isn't TSA a govt contractor?